Sixes turning off every 20 minutes

Pwazz

• 2 weeks later...

Just a guess, but Bluetooth probably trumps other inputs and it's maybe pairing up with something only to discover there's no program material (when it then switches back to optical?).  I'm guessing Klipsch isn't designing this electronic stuff but instead buying a turn-key package to stuff into the cabinets, and that they'd best stick with "passive" speakers...

So I want to update my Sixes info:

As I stated before I also have the Klipsch R20-B sound bar with Sub has been my TV Sound bar for years.  Upon getting The Sixes and placing them in the same living room area I could not get The Sixes to connect it kept finding only the Sound Bar.  Klipsch suggested I do the factory reset and try again I did and again it failed.  Bottom line I had to unplug the soundbar in order to connect The Sixes, the bar and speakers work off the same frequency, same remote but the bar must have a more powerful bluetooth option.  So in nutshell if you are considering the speaker and have other Klipsch Bluetooth devices you may need consider alternate options. 

I intend to buy a new soundbar I have a Samsung TV might just get an inexpensive Samsung non bluetooth soundbard.  Good New my kid got his first pieces of Klipsch gear.

3 hours ago, MoJo63 said:

Bottom line I had to unplug the soundbar in order to connect The Sixes, the bar and speakers work off the same frequency, same remote but the bar must have a more powerful bluetooth option.  So in nutshell if you are considering the speaker and have other Klipsch Bluetooth devices you may need consider alternate options. 

That problem is, I'd say, rather with the Bluetooth implementation in whatever is controlling the speakers, not the speakers (or sound bar).  All they can do is advertise their existence and willingness to do the work.  The decision which to use is entirely up to whatever's on the other end of the connection.  It sounds like whatever that is in this case simply had its "mind made up" about the sound bar, damn anything else, until that option was removed by powering down the sound bar.  Now that you've got the speakers up and running by it, what does it do if also given the option of the sound bar again?

• 1 year later...
On 2/20/2020 at 7:05 AM, PatrikS said:

This is also happening to my pair of sixes. Super annoying!

Mine also cut in and out of audio when connected to my TV via optical.

Any idea what the issue is? 

I have the same issue. If the tv doesn't play any sound for about 1s, the klipsch turns off. When audio from tv is back, it takes like 1s for the klipsch to turn back on again, so I'm constantly losing dialogs while watching shows

• 7 months later...

I am having the same issue as Pwazzz. 3 month old sixes, sound great. Suddenly bluetooth turning off randomly, need to reconnect then un-mute for my wife's phone. No sound output for my phone at all. Bluetooth connecting fine, but no sound. Vinyl and other hardwired devices work fine. 

Any thoughts? Anyone heard back from Klipsch on this?

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem with my Sixes. They connect to bluetooth, but the mute is on, so I have to turn it off. I haven't turned it on at the first place. After 20 minutes the speakers turn off. All this time the bluetooth light keeps on blinking (searching), despite the fact that it has allready connected and plays music otherwise normally.

Once I unplugged the whole thing and it started to work normally. This time it doesn't seem to work. Super annoying.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 10:31 AM, Pwazz said:

I am having an issue with my new pair of Sixes.  They turn off like clock work every 20 minutes.  I then have to reconnect to blue tooth and then "un-mute " them from the remote.  I have never muted them in the first place.

Any news on this? Mine just started doing it, too. 

2 hours ago, Brian Craig said:

Any news on this? Mine just started doing it, too. 

update the Firmware and do a Factory reset .

if  your klipsch Sixes is  under warranty , contact your Dealer/ klipsch Tech Support    .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

the sixes shutting down every 20 minutes just by fluke having many issues with the sixes regarding bluetooth etc etc .i tried doing an update 3 days later i had left the usb in port the sixes had not shut down every 20 minutes took it out they agin started shutting down. .suppose that not a fix but refuse to spend anymore money or months trying to solve the  many issues