KG-2.2 Rebuild.....kind of....

stepher

Without a picture of the damage, I can only guess what it looks like.

From your description, I would cut out a length of the damaged section long enough to splice in a new piece, with screws on either side so you can drive the front panel screw in without hitting the two screws. You probably need just a hacksaw blade and no fancy saw.

My absolute humblest apologies  :(

I've also been looking at tube amps and must have been browsing this forum and put out my posting without realizing where I was. I will repost it in a better place and, as punishment, I will not listen to my Klipsch for 2 days.

May also explain why I have not received any replies....

Cheers....

Edited by stepher

On 2/7/2020 at 4:18 PM, Peter P. said:

Without a picture of the damage, I can only guess what it looks like.

From your description, I would cut out a length of the damaged section long enough to splice in a new piece, with screws on either side so you can drive the front panel screw in without hitting the two screws. You probably need just a hacksaw blade and no fancy saw.

That was kind of my 1st thought. What I haven't chk'd more closely is if any glue was used to help hold the furring strip to the side panel of the spkr which makes removal of the cut piece a bit more challenging. My other thought was to try and drill a hole directed at an opposite angle of the current one and see if I can get the screw to grab.

I'll prob'ly wait to get serious abt fixing the physical damage once I finish fixing the electrical damage I'm abt to inflict on the speaker xover :(

Appreciate the help in spite of my misposting here....cheers....