To my chiropractor

MyOwn

Wow!! I came to you a while ago...Hip problems, back problems, feet problems.

I'm getting old I said. You told me I'm not old.

After three months "the first month seeing you every week" I can walk without right hip joint pain, my back feels so much stronger and my feet are much better.

Thank You 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MyOwn said:

Wow!! I came to you a while ago...Hip problems, back problems, feet problems.

I'm getting old I said. You told me I'm not old.

After three months "the first month seeing you every week" I can walk without right hip joint pain, my back feels so much stronger and my feet are much better.

Thank You 😊

Umm, does he post here?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JJkizak said:

I use the Teeter myself. It costs less.

JJK

https://www.balancelongisland.com/the-top-4-reasons-why-you-shouldnt-use-an-inversion-table-in-huntington/

I never read up on this to confirm until now, but I have a friend who told me about the risks of rupturing vessels in the brain - especially if they are compromised already, such as having an aneurysm.  Many people who die from ruptured aneurysms never knew they had one. 

I did get on one of these inversion devices before, and I felt the pressure rush to my head.  I didn't like it at all.

I have two herniated disks along with arthritis in my neck.  Told the doc that pain killers are out of the questions. She asked if I'd consider acupuncture. I figured why not. Had my first session today and actually enjoyed it. Most of the appointment was devoted to the interview and exam, but she got in a short session. She only worked on the left side of my neck and when I was driving home I noticed that the left side was pain free and much more relaxed, and I was actually in a good mood. 

She wants to start with six sessions (once a week for six weeks and depending how I'm reacting she may add more sessions). 

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I have two herniated disks along with arthritis in my neck.  Told the doc that pain killers are out of the questions. She asked if I'd consider acupuncture. I figured why not. Had my first session today and actually enjoyed it. Most of the appointment was devoted to the interview and exam, but she got in a short session. She only worked on the left side of my neck and when I was driving home I noticed that the left side was pain free and much more relaxed, and I was actually in a good mood. 

She wants to start with six sessions (once a week for six weeks and depending how I'm reacting she may add more sessions). 

Post back the results.  I've had people recommend it to me, so I'm curious to know what your experience is.

I'd go weekly then finally nothing helped.  My Chiro told me to see my Doc so I did.  MRI and some x-rays and they found bone spurs in my lower back.  My Orthodude told me before the surgery there was also a curvature in my lower spine.  I told him to fix it too.  Told me I was #332 and relax.  lol  Came around later and he said he took care of everything and removed 3 huge bone spurs in my lower back.  Haven't been back to a chiro since!  20 years of suffering lower back pain for an hour procedure.  Ugh.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Bruce ... you may want to consider shopping somewhere else, or binge watch Kung Fu movies. 

I actually visit a Chinese massage place. The first time was when visiting my wife (then girlfriend) while she was teaching in China. Twisted my back while riding in a city bus, had extreme pain in my legs, couldn't sleep. She told me I needed a massage. He was great... next day I was fine.

I have some sciatica, so I go once or twice a month and it's much better. Wife and I also walk about 3 miles twice a week. 

Bruce

• Like 2

I have posted this before.

I have a badly bulging disc and my doctor's plan was that I would never be able to walk properly and would be a couch potato strung out on painkillers, no hobbies (I guess audio is ok so long as I don't try to move speakers).

I stretch and do crunches every day and do this video three times a week (I was doing five but bruised an ab muscle). 

I don't even use my massage chair anymore (that I had to use every day before).  I spent last weekend lifting sheets of 3/4" osb,  cutting them up, up a flight of stairs and up a ladder into an attic, then crawl around up there and swing a hammer.  Week before was a big pile of 2 x 4s and osb into the attic.  I am not young anymore and there is no need to give up on being active.   

Strengthen your core.  Nice eye candy too.  Warning, this is very hard when you first try it.

• Like 1