2024 Solar eKlipsch

Edgar

41 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Having witnessed the 2017 eclipse locally, I can say that an eclipse is a very moving, somber moment, one for total silence and contemplation.

But when the light of the sun returns, turn up the volume!

I took my nephew on his first real road trip to witness it in 2017.  We ended up in the middle of the Nantahala forest on a 2 lane road at about 5000' elevation and it's an event and trip that he will never forget.  My niece was only 5 at the time, he was 14, and she was really upset that she didn't get to go.  I promised her that the next one will be her time to go, and she reminds me on a regular basis.  

• Like 2

Hope is on the edge of the path where the duration of the total eclipse will be short.  I live on the edge of the path also, but there are several state parks in Texas on or near the center line of the path.  Looks like a good time for a camping trip.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Wait, is this the Pilgrimage or some other event? I'm already confused..

At the moment it's nothing but a big show to be put on my Mother Nature four years from now. I just happened to notice that it will cross both Klipsch locations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

I think he's serving either a month and a half or 90 days.  I can't check any more, it's above my pay grade now.

wow ... that's quite a stiff sentence. are people eligible for early release or do they typically have to serve the entire sentence?  

90 days is probably enough to keep me away forever, but then if I was given a 90 day ban, then I don't suppose the forum would care if I ever came back. 

24 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

wow ... that's quite a stiff sentence. are people eligible for early release or do they typically have to serve the entire sentence?  

90 days is probably enough to keep me away forever, but then if I was given a 90 day ban, then I don't suppose the forum would care if I ever came back. 

Don't recall ever seeing an early release.

Went to Wyoming for the 2017 eclipse, my 5th one. The whole trip was a blast. I remember egging people on that were close enough to get in the path of totality. Close enough is not close enough, this ain't horseshoes. God willing I'll be with you all somewhere on the path of totality near Hope for the one coming up in 2024 @Mallette has talked about this already. Jeesh I'll be an old geezer by then:)

31 minutes ago, babadono said:

Went to Wyoming for the 2017 eclipse, my 5th one. The whole trip was a blast. I remember egging people on that were close enough to get in the path of totality. Close enough is not close enough, this ain't horseshoes. God willing I'll be with you all somewhere on the path of totality near Hope for the one coming up in 2024 @Mallette has talked about this already. Jeesh I'll be an old geezer by then:)

I wish I was in the path of totality for the 2017 eclipse. Here in central Oregon everyone was freaking out about the potential crowds so I stayed home, which was about an hour south of the path of totality. It was almost dark and still really impressive, however a few friends of mine were in the path and they said it was life changing.