23 hours ago, Seadog said:

I can bring a 42" LCD TV/HDMI monitor, in case someone has a concert DVD or BluRay they would like to play (If anyone thinks this is a good idea let me know and I will bring it).

The BluRay  and DVD player too? Cables? 

4 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

absolutely YES

A lot of like going on here. What are you thinking about bringing? 

1 minute ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The BluRay  and DVD player too? Cables? 

The Oppo plays both.  Yes, I'll bring the necessary HDMI and audio cables.  I have 6' and 12' HDMI cables to give us some flexibility in setting up a monitor.  I'll bring a 25'-15A extension cord and a power strip too, just in case.

• Like 1

Just now, Seadog said:

The Oppo plays both.  Yes, I'll bring the necessary HDMI and audio cables.  I have 6' and 12' HDMI cables to give us some flexibility in setting up a monitor.  I'll bring a 25'-15A extension cord and a power strip too, just in case.

Excellent. 👍

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:
On 2/8/2020 at 4:29 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Does anyone have any or all of the 'Best Audiophile Voices' sets 1 through 7? I would be interested in getting a copy. 

Got 'em. Will have them cleaned up and organized for you at the event.

At a glance, I didn't see them. After listening to and enjoying your collection of music, I finally stumbled upon them. 

Thanks again 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Do we have a list of what music we might want to have there? A lot of us have a large collection of CDs and this might be the time for requests to have on hand. I don't see thebes' name on the list, so, unless someone asks for it, I won't be bringing any Beatles. I have everything from Gustav Holst's The Planets, Eva Cassidy, Norah Jones to to Heavy Metal.  And nothing tests phidelity like Ted Nugent's Wango Tango, I hope I remember to bring it. 

Is there any place for a classical music program?  Over a decade ago, I brought a few CDs including there best of the bunch, Holst's The Planets, and got a good response.  A few years later, I was given the run of a full Palladium HT system in Indy, and played a number of selections. I even ran it 3 times since there room only held 15, so total attendance was perhaps 45.  It didn't catch on for future Pilgrimages, though, so such things are probably one-shot things, not done too frequently.

If I were doing it, I'd select a mix of DVDs and YouTube videos for music with visuals, and CDs purely for best-quality audio alone.  Anyone interested in this idea???

-- Larry

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 12:32 AM, LarryC said:

If I were doing it, I'd select a mix of DVDs and YouTube videos for music with visuals, and CDs purely for best-quality audio alone.  Anyone interested in this idea???

Though I'm currently doubtful that I can attend, this gets my vote as something to be included.