Recommendations for 2 channel to go with rf 82

4kim

I've been using my old jvc rx817 with my rf 82's.  Don't laugh, I'm using a rca splitter to run Polk rt800's through an 80's Pioneer to keep from taking away from the sound.  It sounds nice but I'm always looking on Ebay for something that will sound better. I don't have alot to spend. I've bought and resold a Denon AVR x2100w and Pioneer str 9900. The Pioneer didn't sound that great and once surround was hooked up on the Denon it took to much from the sound. I've been looking at watts per channel thinking that's the best way to pick one but idk.  Any advice on finding a 2 channel stereo that will do better than what I'm using currently would be much appreciated. I don't know how to pick one. Thanks.

@4kim,

Welcome to the forum.

The RF-82's are nice sounding speakers that were known as the "sweet spot" in the Reference IV line.

What is the most you want to spend?

How large is your listening area?

How loud do you listen?

What are you leaning towards, integrated amp, stereo receiver, or stereo preamp/amp?

Bill

Thank you for responding. The is room is small 16x24. That will change as I am currently looking to buy a new home. I love music and like to listen quite loud but clarity is key. I enjoy streaming concerts with friends over. My hope is spending no more than $200. In hopes one day getting a reciever without financial restrictions I plan to use the one I find now in another part of the house. I'm really not sure what I'm looking for as far as integrated amp, stereo receiver, or stereo preamp/amps.  I was hoping suggestions could help me with that decision. Here's the speakers I have to work with RF 82's, RC 64II, Polk rt800's and Bose 5 SeriesII. My Klipsch RW 12 subwoofer blew.

1 hour ago, 4kim said:

Here's the speakers I have to work with RF 82's, RC 64II, Polk rt800's and Bose 5 SeriesII.

My understanding was for 2 channel music based on the info in your first post.  So you are looking for something to drive all speakers you have listed?

Bill

I was thinking 2 channel because it seems to push the sound out better.  I wanted to let you know what speakers I have incase it made a difference in what you suggest.  The Klipsch speakers are what I'm trying to pair with something.

8 hours ago, 4kim said:

I was thinking 2 channel because it seems to push the sound out better.  I wanted to let you know what speakers I have incase it made a difference in what you suggest.  The Klipsch speakers are what I'm trying to pair with something.

Got it.

Are you willing to buy used gear?

Where is your location?

Are you willing to stretch your budget a bit because $200.00 is really not going to get you where it seems you want to be?  Unless you find a crazy good deal on the used market.

Bill