Softone Model 8 300B integrated. Ping Jeff Medwin

Les Lammers

• Moderators

It has been brought to my attention that the collective forum hasn't had the proper standards in place with regard to people who comment on various pieces of audio equipment such as turntables, tube amps, etc. For the last 20 years, anyone with a keyboard and internet service could come here answer questions, offer advice, be helpful in some way and so on. The only requirement was that you  be respectful. It was optional to provide technical references, work experience and other back up information in support of an opinion.

People were free to give the weight and credibility they thought should be accorded a particular opinion or poster.

We have been doing it all wrong for two decades. Oh the humanity! Henceforth,  in order to express an opinion on any class of audio products, such as amplifiers, you have to submit proof you have attend RMAF the last 3 years in a row and read, cover to cover, at least 6 audio magazines.

Attending any 5 of the last 8 years of RMAF will also qualify.

Other partical experience may qualify as a substitute for attending one or more RMAF.

For example, being the current owner of Klipsch speakers is clear evidence of someone's audio intelligence (AQ) and is an automatic qualifier.

Other similar experience will be considered on a case by case basis.

I'm sure that this new measure will elevate the level of discourse here by at least one order of magnitude. 

Carry on

On 2/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

You are entitled to go on record, but everyone should realize, there is a very high probability you have likely never attended multiple RMAFs, nor have you, and many others,  likely ever heard these tube amps I am discussing !!  

Likely, its totally out of your realm of experience, listening-wise.   

There is a considerable LISTENING differences, between all the pedestrian made-for-the-consumer amps and world-class builds. 

Jeffrey 

Pure Audiogon style hubris.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, xoundmind said:

Anyway...others with an opinion on the Decware amps? Maybe I’ll try the forum search. 🤔

I have a Decware Rachael that sounds pretty good through my Khorns.

However, my ears have never experienced the stereophonic nirvana achieved by attending a single RMAF. 

YMMV,

Cincy

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...