Klipsch Tapes..... still available?

Coytee

On AK, someone was tickled that they had found an old RTR that was a "KlipschTape".  I posted about them having moved those to CD's, yet the link I found doesn't work.

Are those still available or was that a one time thing?

If available, where/how??

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The Museum has all of the tapes,  both the Klipsch tape masters andincluding all copyrights, trademarks. In addition, there are 100s of other tapes PWK never released commercially

The plan, eventually, will be to offer the Klipsch Tapes in both tape and hirez digital formats.

T

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
2 hours ago, Cal Blacksmith said:

I went to the download site, played the demo tracks.... WOW!!!! It only goes to show what ... S#*$ I have been listening to! PC to a China tube amp to my quartet "PC speakers" and I was blown away. Both by the recordings AND as to the outstanding quality reproduction Klipsch provides!

How have you been Cal?

@dwilawyer Hi!

This being retired is a whole different thing! The BEST days of the week are Mon to Friday because the stores are way too crowded on the weekends :P

The wife .. well I am glad to be home to help take care of her, just a progression of her medical issues, with luck we can slow down her regression. 

I have been fine, working in the shop, teaching blacksmithing, working on hotrods and now getting into electronics repair. Still a very big NOOB at it but I am about ready to tackle my first recap and alignment of a table top radio. A  1935 Philco. I plan to add Bluetooth and an input jack to it so that even though it is an AM ONLY radio, it can live a new life with modern programing. 

I hope to be here more often. I can so easily be distract..........SQUIRLE ........ uh, what, uh oh ya, distracted and go on different tangents. 

I see a lot of new people, that is great! They are going to wonder just who the heck I am though :P 

• Like 1

Hi Cal @Cal Blacksmith

Best wishes in your retirement and with your wife’s health.

Coytee-

As mentioned above, the tapes are available from the HighDefTapeTransfer site in digital or physical formats.  I downloaded FLAC files, which are excellent on my Pono players.  The following is copied from the site, “Order a Digital Download or Physical Disc.”

• Like 1