Share a crazy story that happened to you

mr clean

14 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

that’s funny.

There were only like 4 buttons on the right side of the door.  They actually looked like stickers or something.  About 6x6 and touch buttons.  Don't think they lasted long but when ya got about 8 ppl standin there makin comments?  Wasn't pretty cause I was the ONLY one who was thirsty.

• Haha 2

i couldn’t figure out this new ATM and had to go inside the bank and tell them i was too stupid to use it. All i was missing was one button click, but the instructions were confusing. it read like i should insert the checks and the press continue but actually you have to press continue to get the door open. Why would i press continue when i hadn’t done anything yet?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

i couldn’t figure out this new ATM and had to go inside the bank and tell them i was too stupid to use it. All i was missing was one button click, but the instructions were confusing. it read like i should insert the checks and the press continue but actually you have to press continue to get the door open. Why would i press continue when i hadn’t done anything yet?

Some of the best computer manuals for complex functions for technicians were designed with block diagrams for misc. machines about 25 years ago. It was impossible to make a mistake because you just followed the blocks. Since that time logic has gone out the window as the authors assume too much.

JJK

• Like 2

23 hours ago, babadono said:

Took 10 mf'ing years to get my WIFE's (that is WIFE not 3rd cousin twice removed) US citizenship. Not a funny story but definitely crazy, know what I mean?

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you"

You'll have to tell me sometime. My wife was here four years before she got hers and that was only because we just hadn't started the paperwork. Her processing went very smoothly.

Happy about that, too as approx. 35k people a year become citizens in Georgia. (those are just the immigrants. I don't know about the ones who are born here.) 😝

• Moderators

Two months short of 17 years ago I had an interest in a certain product that had to do with an old hobby, so I joined a forum to ask questions. Somehow I got even more into that old hobby and stuck around that forum. How it happened I'm not sure but got further into that forum than I could have ever expected, meeting people all the way up the chain of that company to the top.

I don't know why it all happened but the one very positive thing I can say is along the way I have met some really nice people and some very talented and dedicated people who happen to also have the same hobby, the people/friends in all of it have been the biggest benefit by far for me by just knowing them.

Second, my favorite hobby has definitely improved in it's quality and goal to the point I just enjoy it now, never thought I would get to that place honestly.

So I guess you just never know where where things will go, I would have never guessed, but it has been fun. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Heres my  story and its more funny than crazy. At the time this happened we had two small toy fox terriers. We still have one. I was sleeping, and I usually wear earplugs so I don't hear anything. The wife and the dogs and I were sleeping, and I heard the wife starting to snore a little because one of my earplugs came out. I started feeling around under the covers and found the earplug, and rolled it between my fingers, and in my ear it went. Thats when I figured out it was not a earplug, but a small terrier turd! I started yelling and awoke the wife. She changed the sheets and I spent  5 minutes or so cleaning dogs shit out of my ear.  The dogs never go in the house or bed but I guess one of them messed up and could not hold it. I guess shit happens!😎     

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Do you want to be special?

When you were here before
Couldn't look you in the eye
You're just like an angel
Your skin makes me cry
You float like a feather
In a beautiful world
I wish I was special
You're so ******* special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here

I don't care if it hurts
I want to have control
I want a perfect body
I want a perfect soul
I want you to notice
When I'm not around
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
I don't belong here

Oh, oh

She's running out again
She's running out
She run run run run
Run

Whatever makes you happy
Whatever you want
I wish I was special

But I'm a creep
I'm a weirdo
I don't belong here
I don't belong here

There ya go, the perfect Valentine's Day song.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

.checked the clock and it was 3:33AM.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The sense of time is ingrained in our genes.

A couple of years ago I had the same thing happen. The strange part was it happened every night for months, I would wake up sometimes get something to drink and go to the bathroom then look at the clock. The order in which I did these things did not matter, when I checked the time it was always 3:33. It did also happen during the day I  would happen to look at the clock and it was 3:33.  It took me over a week to notice and remember during the day. I had no idea why and then it just ended.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

You have a gift, take advantage of it. 

You are special after all.

had a teacher in high school electricity class. he wrote the following on my final exam:

Class Projects:  F

Final Exam: F

Final Grade: C-

“Going into Coast Guard. All ships will sink."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1