The Klipsch Audio Community
mr clean

Share a crazy story that happened to you

48 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

That one is on the doctor. It is not uncommon for women to ‘evacuate’ during labor. They keep big ole buckets in L&D just for this purpose. 

well that’s not fun.

My first summer out of high school I took a job at a steel fab shop making steel tank heads and parts for MX missles. After demonstrating good hand and eye coordination,  I was made the yard forklift driver. It was a 25K lb capacity machine with rough terrain tires as tall as a man. One day I was told to go unload two railroad gondolas (cars with open tops) down at the dock. Two of us were sent to do this. Upon arrival a the dock it was obvious the cars were not lined up properly for unloading. We decided we could push the cars the 20 or so feet to correct the problem. Mind you each car weighed 150K lbs and had 200K lbs of steel in each. I climbed up in one car and released the mechanical brake. My buddy started to push the cars with one fork against the side and this seemed to be working fine, but there was a slight grade. He let off the push for a second and the cars started rolling back against him. Uh oh,  there was no stopping them now. I starting spinning that brake from inside the car like a mad man only to realize I was going the wrong direction with the spinning and the chain that works the brake was dragging the ground. It was way too high to jump so I was along for the ride. Picking up speed quickly I could see the side track I was on would derail up ahead. I was holding on for dear life when the cars ran off the tracks. Those cars cut through 17 or so cross ties before stopping. It was a hell of a ride and a real big mess, but I was not hurt. Big investigation into it by a RR detective. Norfolk Southern sent out two massive cranes to set the cars back on the track. Once all the dust settled the plant manager called me in his office and said, "Son, that was an expensive ride you took and I'm quite sure you won't do that again, but from now on we'll call you the Boxcar Cowboy."   😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/12/2020 at 1:58 PM, babadono said:

Took 10 mf'ing years to get my WIFE's (that is WIFE not 3rd cousin twice removed) US citizenship. Not a funny story but definitely crazy, know what I mean?

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you"

Took my best friend just over one year, but he is a big donor and had two Senators signatures on her application. She is from the Ukraine.

Roger

• Sad 1

A little lengthy but so what. I grew up in west Los Angeles where my uncle had a newspaper dealership. For many, many years myself, my brother and my cousins provided support labor for my uncles business. It was heavy labor and always involved overnight work on Saturday for the huge Sunday edition. Most of those years we worked from a service bay garage located behind a Phillips 66 gas station. One year our great uncle died. He owned a slew of homes in the area that he used as rentals. Well he rented the houses and kept their garages for himself. Like many from his ‘depression’ generation he was a hoarder. Well upon his demise the same group of cousins, etc got tapped to clear out these many garages. Among the tons of junk stuff we found a very large horn thingy. After some ‘digging’ we figured out that it was an air raid siren.........and it was driven by compressed air.

So the garage service bay where we worked on the papers............. well it also held the air compressor for all of the service stations systems. That industrial air compressor had an emergency release valve. Curious lads that we were we thought it ‘adventurous’ to hook up our newly found air raid siren to this air compressor. We always had a break in the workload around 1 A.M. Yup......... we lugged that massive horn inside this metal garage and hooked it to the compressor over pressure relief valve.......... and we fired her up. HOLY CRAP...........      The relief valve was an open or shut deal and once opened that horn was full tilt screaming. Because of the enclosed space we could not get near enough to stop this........ it was way, way........waaaaaayyyyyyyy loud. We had every police car in the region come screeching to our locale. After what seemed like forever the air compressor lost enough ooomph that one of the cops could enter and he cut the supply line. The cops actually thought is was pretty funny. We’d broken no laws and we did not damage anything. They did take the horn. Just as well. There’s no doubt that we’d have used it again, somewhere. Ah the antics of youthful zeal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2