KG 5.2 questions

Howdy. I recently fell into another pair of KG 5.2's to bump me up to 2 pair of these, a pair of 5.5's and a beat up pair of Cornwalls. I thought I'd saved the information about the 12" passive radiator for the 5.2's but it must have died with my last pc. I'm going to have to replace the surrounds on the free pair that I stumbled onto as finding a source of an exact replica woofer seems to be impossible. Does anyone know what kit I'm going to need to redo these woofers?

On another note, My original 5.2's are 30 years old with original crossovers and tweeter diaphragms. What, if anything should I be thinking of doing to keep these rocking well into the future? Being a disabled vet leaves me on the short side to by a set of Crites crossovers as I have far too many other priorities, but repairing electronics is something I'm unafraid of, provided I have accurate information. I'm also unsure if I need to do anything with the tweeters as they still sound good to me. I listen to rock-hard rock-metal with folk rock when the mood strikes, and these speakers have always been the speakers that best mimic EXACTLY how this music should sound. I have read about how titanium diaphragms brighten up the sound, but I'm not sure that's desirable in my case, but lots of guys here know way more about the nuances of speakers here then I ever will, so I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions.

Thanks for helping me out! Kirk

5 hours ago, kbonanny said:

Howdy. I recently fell into another pair of KG 5.2's to bump me up to 2 pair of these, a pair of 5.5's and a beat up pair of Cornwalls. I thought I'd saved the information about the 12" passive radiator for the 5.2's but it must have died with my last pc. I'm going to have to replace the surrounds on the free pair that I stumbled onto as finding a source of an exact replica woofer seems to be impossible. Does anyone know what kit I'm going to need to redo these woofers?

On another note, My original 5.2's are 30 years old with original crossovers and tweeter diaphragms. What, if anything should I be thinking of doing to keep these rocking well into the future? Being a disabled vet leaves me on the short side to by a set of Crites crossovers as I have far too many other priorities, but repairing electronics is something I'm unafraid of, provided I have accurate information. I'm also unsure if I need to do anything with the tweeters as they still sound good to me. I listen to rock-hard rock-metal with folk rock when the mood strikes, and these speakers have always been the speakers that best mimic EXACTLY how this music should sound. I have read about how titanium diaphragms brighten up the sound, but I'm not sure that's desirable in my case, but lots of guys here know way more about the nuances of speakers here then I ever will, so I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions.

Thanks for helping me out! Kirk

You posted your question in the section that relates to the Klipsch Museum.  There are other sections below this one that you should post in that are pertinent to your questions.