Klipsch MCM MSM 1900

crunchman12001

52 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Very nice.   Thanks for sharing. Amazing what a system like this can be had for. 

The last pic in the listing is of Billy Thorpe Live in 1979. Is this the system he used? That would be a huge cool factor.

Edit. The ad says it was owned by Leland Sklar who played bass for Billy Thorpe on the "Children of the Sun tour"

The second link describes the speakers. (scroll down to the "Children of the Sun album")

"We were getting down in the area of 6Hz at probably about 130dB. The first time we actually tested it we all threw up and cracked a wall in the warehouse. It was fantastic."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Sun_(Billy_Thorpe_album)

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2013/03/07/stories-behind-the-songs-leland-sklar/?fbclid=IwAR0RhGl3PdbZGJ2WCVK7cthH7CUs5Va73C9jdlku7nB3mpyJROxc-psLqC8

• Like 1

People who have never heard these just flat out have no idea how good these are. Knowing what I know today if I was not handy at building things I would drive a long way to get a set of these rare overachievers. Yeah you know your veneer stuff is measured at 1 meter but these babies are 99db at THREE meters and the sound is just incredible. You invite people over to hear your system and most of the time it is head nodding and foot tapping and they say good things. You get a set of these and those same people get bug eyes and refuse to leave.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, crunchman12001 said:

The last pic in the listing is of Billy Thorpe Live in 1979. Is this the system he used? That would be a huge cool factor.

Edit. The ad says it was owned by Leland Sklar who played bass for Billy Thorpe on the "Children of the Sun tour"

The second link describes the speakers. (scroll down to the "Children of the Sun album")

"We were getting down in the area of 6Hz at probably about 130dB. The first time we actually tested it we all threw up and cracked a wall in the warehouse. It was fantastic."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_the_Sun_(Billy_Thorpe_album)

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/2013/03/07/stories-behind-the-songs-leland-sklar/?fbclid=IwAR0RhGl3PdbZGJ2WCVK7cthH7CUs5Va73C9jdlku7nB3mpyJROxc-psLqC8

Great story but no way 130 dB at 6Hz.

Just now, avguytx said:

I'd rather keep my 3 car garage for the 2 cars and other crap in there.  Now, if I had an external shop...that would be doable.  But, can't do that in neighborhood.

The secret to finest audio is to live in the country where no one will whine about what you do or build or how much noise you make.

• Like 3

Just now, Dave A said:

The secret to finest audio is to live in the country where no one will whine about what you do or build or how much noise you make.

Yeah, we are outside city limits and I can play about as loud as I can stand as closest neighbor is about 800 feet away.  My ears would give out before they could hear it over there.  lol  Especially with tinnitus.  But would still be cool to have that big a$$ system.  Wife wouldn't  care if it was upstairs since it's my area anyway.  Not sure I built the floor to handle that kind of weight...or the walls are sturdy enough.  

3 hours ago, avguytx said:

Yeah, we are outside city limits and I can play about as loud as I can stand as closest neighbor is about 800 feet away.  My ears would give out before they could hear it over there.  lol  Especially with tinnitus.  But would still be cool to have that big a$$ system.  Wife wouldn't  care if it was upstairs since it's my area anyway.  Not sure I built the floor to handle that kind of weight...or the walls are sturdy enough.  

Super MWM will sound much better and weigh a lot less. Probably less than 400 pounds per stack.