Klipsch MCM MSM 1900

crunchman12001

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I heard that it was a prerequisite for sales.

My high morale standards makes me a bad fit for sales.

Doesn't preclude me from being a BSer. Plus the older I get, the better I was. Then the parts I forget, I make up with slight improvements. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

... the older I get, the better I was. 

Ain't it the truth.

On the other hand, I sometimes think about the things I can no longer do as well as I could when I was younger, and it is disheartening.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jason str said:

Deal of a lifetime.

Missing some tweeter arrays but those would be minor cost if you went with Piezo's.

I am checking out a pair of tweeters that @Dave A is offering. I just now put them in the system and will give it a few days before I do any real judging of the sound. I can say that his workmanship is topshelf, the fit and finish looks fantastic, so far they sound great too. DSC03149.thumb.JPG.e14adcf16581a6cee0e4f3a2474c379c.JPGDSC03147.thumb.JPG.27257a3b40353ccd365e08b2110fb2f9.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I am checking out a pair of tweeters that @Dave A is offering. I just now put them in the system and will give it a few days before I do any real judging of the sound. I can say that his workmanship is topshelf, the fit and finish looks fantastic, so far they sound great too. DSC03149.thumb.JPG.e14adcf16581a6cee0e4f3a2474c379c.JPGDSC03147.thumb.JPG.27257a3b40353ccd365e08b2110fb2f9.JPG

A) which one of Dave's tweeters are you testing? (cant see the back)

B} you need more speakers!

C) is that my missing license plate?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

A) which one of Dave's tweeters are you testing? (cant see the back)

B} you need more speakers!

C) is that my missing license plate?

A - DE-10 drivers on his larger lens. 

B - That's an undisputed fact, maybe. I will say that the MCM are the end all speaker searches. ( You NEED a set)

C - Yes, and you're welcome. I can't believe that you were letting your daughter advertise for that dealership, for free. (I know, she had just bought it the day before, but still...). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

A - DE-10 drivers on his larger lens. 

B - That's an undisputed fact, maybe. I will say that the MCM are the end all speaker searches. ( You NEED a set)

C - Yes, and you're welcome. I can't believe that you were letting your daughter advertise for that dealership, for free. (I know, she had just bought it the day before, but still...). 

I tell the story a little different. I warn people about buying off the internet cuz I had a guy make a deal, then steal a license plate off a car in my parking lot before he left.

Much better story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You're right: Your tale is a better story. 

Segueing back to facts, you NEED those MCM 1900.  They are like none other. They make Khorn or LaScala sound like bookshelf speakers. 

I drag my two pair of LSI's out only a handful of times a year, and I am perfectly happy with them (xcept I plan to use them with @codewritinfool"s THTLP one of these days)

The last thing I need is more, bigger speakers.

I'm thinking of switching to Bose or earbuds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MookieStl said:

The last thing I need is more, bigger speakers.

I'm thinking of switching to Bose or earbuds.

The first thing you need are huge speakers and then you can get rid of all the rest. When you think about it you replace all those accumulated bits and pieces with just one set and it becomes not only economical but space saving as well.

• Like 2