speaker unglued

Edklipsch

• 3 weeks later...

Identical situation for me.....

My 4 yr. old 30's came unglued and all it took was a call to Klipsch and a call to the dealer i bought them from and two weeks later i am the proud owner of a brand new set.

Very impressed with Klipsch customer service.

Just curious, as I have owned the KLF-30's for about 9 months now without any visible or audible issues other than they sound incredible..........Is it completely obvious either visually or audibly when the back is coming unglued. Is it the whole back piece or just sections or what?? How can I investigate closely? Could I tell from the serial #'s because I know Klipsch had a fix date for all speakers from a certain point in time due to a batch of bad wood or adhesive or both.

Thanks

Ye gads and little fissures... I have been undone! Unnervingly harsh rattles have begun to appear upon the velvet landscape of my KLF 30's. The solution seems beyond "The Good Guys" who are flat out of Legends.

All remedies will be dutifully explored. HornEd

------------------

"Klipsch by the Dozen"

KLF 30's Front Mains

KLF C-7 Front Center

KSW-15 Front Pwr Sub

SB-2 Front Effects

KSW-12 + KLF 10 Rear L&R

KSW-12 + KLF 10 Rear Ctr.

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080 65"

Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

The guys at Klipsch said the remedy is to remove the woofers from the cabinet...carefully of course. Then apply "liquid Nails" (a wood glue that can be purchased at any hardware store) along the unmated surfaces inside the cab..they said that you can apply the glue with your fingers along the corners. I havent tried fixing mine yet...LAZY. And since the problem shows up only when I push my amp past 50-100 watts..thats when I hear it...A loud clatter sound. Im in no rush to fix it, which is good..Else I'd probably save my hearing. But thats how they fix the problem at Klipsch.. If "liquid Nails " is good enough for klipsch, it is good enough for me.

PhilH, Ceedog and Mirkodog----Thanks. So far mine are perfect and I give them a workout every day I'm home!!!! Good Ole' Liquid Nails is good to know.

It's unfortunate about the loose cabinets because I have never heard any other complaints about this speaker or line (Legends). But it is really a small deal given the huge success of the line. Klipsch has always stepped in on this thread and owned up to the problem and went above and beyond the call of duty to make things right with the few victims. Good job PhilH, Trey and BobG!!

I love all 16 of my Klipsch speakers and never a problem.