1959 Cornwalls - $4500, near D.C.

WFP

No affiliation

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/ele/d/rockville-1959-klipsch-cornwall-speakers/7073003342.html

THIS IS THE FIRST YEAR FOR KLIPSCH SPEAKERS, THEY MADE THEIR DEBUT AT THE WORLDS FAIR IN 1959.
BELLA KLIPSCH WAS HIS WIFES FIRST NAME AND CORNWALL MEANT USED IN CORNER OR ALONG WALL, THESE MARKINGS ARE FOUND ON THE BACK.
THIS SET WAS THE 174TH AND 175TH SPEAKERS MADE THAT YEAR.
IN 1961 KLIPSCH INTRODUCED JENSEN HORNS IN THEIR SPEAKERS, FOR ONLY 2 YEARS THESE WERE MADE.
CWO 15 ON BACK MEANS CHERRY WOOD OILED, 15 INCH WOOFER, FABRIC ON FRONT IS GREAT CONDITION AND BOTH BRAND STICKERS ON BOTH.
CABINET WOOD SHOWS WEAR , BUT ALL ELSE IS MINT!!
THE SOUND QUALITY AND CLARITY IS PERFECT, AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICS OF THE MECHANICS INSIDE !!
THESE SPEAKERS WEIGH ABOUT 75LBS EACH

image.jpeg

33 minutes ago, baron167 said:

I wonder if he'd take $4400

Close to you, go ask.  I’m certain he would, but even more certain you wouldn’t/shouldn’t make the offer.

In my unsolicited opinion, they’re off by a factor of 3.

I wonder why there are not double !! after the weight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

@baron167  I mentioned this before, but in 1974 I lived on Duke of Gloucester Street in the first building after the bank on the circle, across from tavern.  I was teaching and coaching wrestling at Bill Belichick’s alma mater.

What a great little city. My next door neighbor's son played football for the Annapolis High School until he got injured, unfortunately. As for my ties to Annapolis, my grandfather attended the Naval Academy as part of the class of 1933. My wife and I moved to the area for the love of Annapolis and the Chesapeake Bay.  We visit the academy with our son and daughter for events when we can. Perhaps one or both will be interested in attending when they are college age.

• Like 1