Happy National Guitar Day (maybe)

BigStewMan

Saw something that said today was national guitar day, then saw something else saying it was November 27th.  So, for all you guitar players on the forum (don’t know who you all are, but i do know @Marvel, @Ceptorman @runninshine have axes) Happy National Guitar Day. Let me know your favorite or the one that got away. Also, interested in knowing who all plays guitar here. 

For me:  favorite that i have is a Brian May Rhapsody Acoustic (because Dr. May himself and his guitar tech Pete Malandrone played roles in getting me this guitar, so there is a personal story to that). The one that i really want is a Duesenberg Rusty Steel, and the one that got away is a 76 Fender Telecaster Thinline semi-hollow body. Got rid of it and SO regret that decision. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Let me know your favorite or the one that got away.

Maybe two... the first is a '63 Martin D-28. I bought it while still in high school, sold it to my best friend, who carried it for years. Always wanted it back, but he finally sold it last year. 🥺 I don't begrudge him selling it. He made a lot of money on the deal.

The second would be the little Gibson ES-140, brown case with pink lining. Such a nice little guitar, paid $100 for it.

... there's maybe one mre...

• Moderators
On 2/12/2020 at 7:42 AM, dirtmudd said:

Selling yourself short...

You have to pick the right guitar

And the right teacher, someone tried to teach me over 40 years ago. Problem was back then I was lucky to be straight enough to hold a guitar much less learn to play one, fellow crazy works and a crazy crowd, and I was single and one of that crowd. But one good thing, I did live through it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dtel said:

And the right teacher, someone tried to teach me over 40 years ago. Problem was back then I was lucky to be straight enough to hold a guitar much less learn to play one, fellow crazy works and a crazy crowd, and I was single and one of that crowd. But one good thing, I did live through it.  

I don't think it's harder than anything else to learn ... just takes some commitment and practice. And I do think there is a point where it finally all starts to click and then becomes much easier. So, one day you're saying "I suck at this"  and the next day you're saying "I don't suck so bad anymore."

When I first played golf, I would slice the ball 100 yards -- now. it only slices 50 yards ... so that means that I'm twice as good, right?

• Haha 1