Heresy IV in the house!

SteveAudioFan

It's a differential pair.  Voltage one direction across them for a 0 and the other direction across them for a 1, all or none.  Nothing analog about it.  The transport specific timing is pretty much immaterial, too, assuming a reasonable buffer is employed (which should be the case).  The signal transfers in spurts.

The signal traveling through the USB transport is neither in continuously-variable voltage levels nor is it "real time."  Both of which qualities I would categorize as being defining traits of an analog signal.

12 hours ago, glens said:

What digital information is escaping in the output of a digital-to-analog converter?

I don't know what you are talking about, I never said anything was escaping. I said if you take the digital out from dac and connect to a headphone you will hear the music which you will. 

Well isn't that just great. Lately I've been giving my Heresy IIIs scornful looks and shaking my head, while snapping the newspaper in my easy chair. Asking them - why couldn't you be like your younger brother? Is it so hard to put out a little more bass and increase your soundstage just a little, when daddy works so hard to put music on the table? Is that too much to ask? I warned them - one more slip up, and they're out of here.

Edited by fmalloy
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, moray james said:
On 4/25/2020 at 7:55 AM, glens said:

What digital information is escaping in the output of a digital-to-analog converter?

I don't know what you are talking about, I never said anything was escaping. I said if you take the digital out from dac and connect to a headphone you will hear the music which you will. 

"digital out from a dac" means what?