Looking again for a Sansui AU-317

Woofers and Tweeters

• 1 month later...

Well, I am looking for another one. This one was used in a school library, so I thought that it could be the infamous 'only driven to church on Sunday' type of find....and it might have been.

One layer of bubble wrap on the top, one layer of bubble wrap on the bottom. None on the face, back or ends... all in one box that was split open on its travels. Pictures don't show how bent the knobs are or that some selectors don't work. 

As needless as it was, I sent it back, double boxed with Styrofoam lining.  

b.thumb.jpg.337d7f4383bf1875f01d14866070f6dc.jpgk.thumb.jpg.5d433a448d2fe24484ace2f0cef830fc.jpg

• Sad 2

9 hours ago, opusk2k9 said:

Here is an au-417

Thanks

I need to look closer at the 417. At a glance, the specs are ideal. The 417 looks better, but the 317 has better transistors and a better build quality. They might sound so close that I wouldn't be able to hear a difference. 

I need to calm down and wait for the 'ideal deal' come along, and closer will be a factor in that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MookieStl said:

i have a killer receiver you can have back!

I wish I could keep them all. So many times I have seller's remorse. That one looks refined... like a polite, yet capable bouncer.  Hope to get out your way to buy that one back... and I don't know why. 

Is your daughter still driving the same car that I 'stole' the tags off of? Tell her I still have the plate and the plate frame.. and thanks for them both. 

g.thumb.jpg.43f409f7fd2f67e3336e93596926d3db.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Really a shame that some people have no clue as to how to pack sensitive gear, either large or small.  

You're right. I really like Sansui and hate this. It's a goner and it was one to restore. What really hurts is when I see  McIntosh or the like that eats it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TasDom said:

Saw this listing while browsing around...worth a shot I guess

Thanks. The 317 is supposed to have a pretty good sound and the price is a lot lower than the 717 and would make a great office system. I have a 919 that Kirby picked up for me in Dallas and I was to get at The SWAG.  

48 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Thanks. The 317 is supposed to have a pretty good sound and the price is a lot lower than the 717 and would make a great office system. I have a 919 that Kirby picked up for me in Dallas and I was to get at The SWAG.  

I really like my AU-719. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, opusk2k9 said:

I really like my AU-719. 

And I can see why. As we know, the sickness runs deep and the struggle is real. Thanks to Klipsch, quantity is easy, but quality is the pursuit. 

I do understand that unless they are gone through it is not a real comparison, but I do wonder how  the Luxman AB to the Sansui??  

14 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I wish I could keep them all. So many times I have seller's remorse. That one looks refined... like a polite, yet capable bouncer.  Hope to get out your way to buy that one back... and I don't know why. 

Is your daughter still driving the same car that I 'stole' the tags off of? Tell her I still have the plate and the plate frame.. and thanks for them both. 

We actually took that off a co-workers wife's car for you. That actually changes your charges from stealing to receiving stolen goods. Either way, you are guilty as hell.

Just seemed like the thing to do at the time.

All good here (or as good as possible).

• Haha 1