Professional Woofer Destroyer.....

SWL

I'm glad this was brought up. If I'm not doing anything fancy....just using a passive sub in a two channel system (not bi or tri amping)....what/which device would work well as a limiter since the amp doesn't have that option/function?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm looking at a new mixer and it has an actual setting, if you are the admin., that allows you to set the maximum level on the main output fader for other users. So if they push it up higher than the limit the admin. set it does not increase the output and then since its motorized it moves back to the limit.

Sorry this is way too fancy.

• Like 1

Yep current mixer has limiters and so does the Xilica. I just thought the moving fader that comes back down to a preset level after someone pushes it higher was a cool idea. So your sitting at the mixer as a user and push the fader up and it pulls itself back down, like a ghost in the machine:)

Don't feel bad, its nearly impossible to hear the drivers stressing in the design unlike normal DR types.

I did find a Dayton with higher power handling but you still need to remember its only a 8".

This woofer will need to be measured when installing to be sure there is no interference since the cutout is not the same size as the RE Audio and will need a gasket before installation.

I just pulled up that track on Qobuz. That certainly is a healthy dose of bass. At lot more than I would think an 8" woofer at near full tilt could handle safely. It just rattled the poop out of the entire house. I had to go back and play it again a little louder! 

One of my cats was laying on the couch washing himself. When that bass came him, he spun around and looked at the stereo. His tongue was hanging out of his face! LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1