Free JimJimbo

ZEUS121996

14 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Remember your post about how dangerous it was to have a lack of confidence in the judicial system?  Newsflash!  

These latest events are hardly earth-shattering.  If you want to test my assertion for yourself, go to your local courthouse today and sit in on some hearings or trials.  😴

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

These latest events are hardly earth-shattering.  If you want to test my assertion for yourself, go to your local courthouse today and sit in on some hearings or trials.  😴

But somehow a while ago you were worried, or at least warning...

1 hour ago, Jeff Matthews said:

t might look "off," as it does with every President who does something certain people don't like. 

Why do you think it was the collective wisdom of the founders to grant the President the unfettered power to pardon?  

oh yeah ... the amount of pardons that some previous presidents granted are astronomically. 

• Thanks 1

C.S Lewis....

Lewis experienced a certain cultural shock on first arriving in England: "No Englishman will be able to understand my first impressions of England," Lewis wrote in Surprised by Joy. "The strange English accents with which I was surrounded seemed like the voices of demons. But what was worst was the English landscape ... I have made up the quarrel since; but at that moment I conceived a hatred for England which took many years to heal."

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

C.S Lewis....

Lewis experienced a certain cultural shock on first arriving in England: "No Englishman will be able to understand my first impressions of England," Lewis wrote in Surprised by Joy. "The strange English accents with which I was surrounded seemed like the voices of demons. But what was worst was the English landscape ... I have made up the quarrel since; but at that moment I conceived a hatred for England which took many years to heal."

Irish vs English rivalry?