I really tried to find an appropriate thread!

USNRET

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I agree with some of what you're saying and too bad you're having to deal with some of it.

Again, to punish the lot because of what a few does won't solve it. 

It's a time issue, I don't have the time to sort it out unfortunately.

It⁰ will solve it, but it will throw the baby out with the bathwatwr.

But it looks like Roy is available again to address some of this so maybe there will be more time to look at some.of this more carefully.

43 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

If you want it to remain keep it where it is, if it starts drifting to garage sale (fraud) and everywhere else like it did before it will go away.

Not sure what fraud, and it doesn't matter to me either. I think that whatever thread(s) you're talking about are the ones that you can use to get the point across. If someone is put in timeout, everyone will see why, not make the same mistake and your job gets easier. If someone keeps posting something that violates the TOS and you nuke someone else's thread, that's not fixing the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's now pretty clear why this has erupted into differences of opinion.

It is muddier than that. Someone got put into timeout and a few people protested and chit. Most who joined in on the 'free the jailbird' threads were just playful in our posts. The only connection to the SWAG was someone was trying to sell t shirts (free the on in timeout) and said there would be said shirts at the SWAG.... It has nothing to do with the SWAG.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It seems the problem is a competing event.

I don't know of one person who was not going to go to one event due to the other.  Since the pissing started, I'll be surprised if that hasn't changed, sadly. Not sure who all has learned anything from this and wishes that they would have done thing differently, but surely some do. Knee-jerk reactions usually don't have the best outcome.

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Not sure what fraud, and it doesn't matter to me either. I think that whatever thread(s) you're talking about are the ones that you can use to get the point across. If someone is put in timeout, everyone will see why, not make the same mistake and your job gets easier. If someone keeps posting something that violates the TOS and you nuke someone else's thread, that's not fixing the problem. 

Well yes it is fixing the problem. It was an anti flag crusade so we had 3 pages of free for all bashing between Mark and Roger, with others joining in, you, it was you wasn't it, posting cartoons with profanity in it, and anything and everything else.

It takes 2 clicks to deleate a thread, 10 seconds, it takes 15 minutes to an hour to sort through a thread and determine which adult is acting like a six year old. 

These are all people who know better and they are just testing the old adage "sometimes you poke the bar (bear if from up North) and sometimes  . . . .

• Like 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I don't know of one person who was not going to go to one event due to the other.  Since the pissing started, I'll be surprised if that hasn't changed, sadly. Not sure who all has learned anything from this and wishes that they would have done thing differently, but surely some do. Knee-jerk reactions usually don't have the best outcome.

Doesn't have anything to do with events. It has to do with adults acting like kids. Typical "if it isn't my way I will leave and take my football home with me" stuff.

Unfortunately they can never seem to remember whose football it is, and the football is different with a publicly traded corporation. 

• Like 2