Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Sign in to follow this  
USNRET

I really tried to find an appropriate thread!

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I agree with some of what you're saying and too bad you're having to deal with some of it.

 

Again, to punish the lot because of what a few does won't solve it. 

It's a time issue, I don't have the time to sort it out unfortunately.

 

It⁰ will solve it, but it will throw the baby out with the bathwatwr.

 

But it looks like Roy is available again to address some of this so maybe there will be more time to look at some.of this more carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Laissez le bon temps rouler

I agree

20200214_155636.jpg

20200213_123316.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, now I see.  I had no idea "SWAG" stood for Southwest Audio Gathering.  It's now pretty clear why this has erupted into differences of opinion.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

If you want it to remain keep it where it is, if it starts drifting to garage sale (fraud) and everywhere else like it did before it will go away.

Not sure what fraud, and it doesn't matter to me either. I think that whatever thread(s) you're talking about are the ones that you can use to get the point across. If someone is put in timeout, everyone will see why, not make the same mistake and your job gets easier. If someone keeps posting something that violates the TOS and you nuke someone else's thread, that's not fixing the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

If someone keeps posting something that violates the TOS and you nuke someone else's thread, that's not fixing the problem. 

It seems the problem is a competing event.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that a Cafe DuMonde employee at a Starbucks?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It's now pretty clear why this has erupted into differences of opinion.

It is muddier than that. Someone got put into timeout and a few people protested and chit. Most who joined in on the 'free the jailbird' threads were just playful in our posts. The only connection to the SWAG was someone was trying to sell t shirts (free the on in timeout) and said there would be said shirts at the SWAG.... It has nothing to do with the SWAG.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DizRotus said:

 

Is that a Cafe DuMonde employee at a Starbucks?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It appears to me that it has everything to do with SWAG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It seems the problem is a competing event.

It can be made to look that way, but it isn't. 

 

Just now, DizRotus said:

It appears to me that it has everything to do with SWAG.

This thread, yes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

It seems the problem is a competing event.

I don't know of one person who was not going to go to one event due to the other.  Since the pissing started, I'll be surprised if that hasn't changed, sadly. Not sure who all has learned anything from this and wishes that they would have done thing differently, but surely some do. Knee-jerk reactions usually don't have the best outcome.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Not sure what fraud, and it doesn't matter to me either. I think that whatever thread(s) you're talking about are the ones that you can use to get the point across. If someone is put in timeout, everyone will see why, not make the same mistake and your job gets easier. If someone keeps posting something that violates the TOS and you nuke someone else's thread, that's not fixing the problem. 

Well yes it is fixing the problem. It was an anti flag crusade so we had 3 pages of free for all bashing between Mark and Roger, with others joining in, you, it was you wasn't it, posting cartoons with profanity in it, and anything and everything else.

 

It takes 2 clicks to deleate a thread, 10 seconds, it takes 15 minutes to an hour to sort through a thread and determine which adult is acting like a six year old. 

 

These are all people who know better and they are just testing the old adage "sometimes you poke the bar (bear if from up North) and sometimes  . . . .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone shake hands now and lets get back to enjoying the comradery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The History Kid said:

Seriously.  I come back for like three days, and you all just went from insane to opossum.

r-surrealmemes-trying-to-defend-themselves-from-being-taken-over-by-28416019.png.dc8d3de652235c0385caa7328d7be297.png

There is nothing insane about an opossum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Is that a Starbucks cup at Café DuMonde?

 

Sacre Bleu!

 

No Galatoire's in the New Orleans French Quarter :)  Some good eatin in my former home town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

I don't know of one person who was not going to go to one event due to the other.  Since the pissing started, I'll be surprised if that hasn't changed, sadly. Not sure who all has learned anything from this and wishes that they would have done thing differently, but surely some do. Knee-jerk reactions usually don't have the best outcome.

 

 

Doesn't have anything to do with events. It has to do with adults acting like kids. Typical "if it isn't my way I will leave and take my football home with me" stuff.

 

Unfortunately they can never seem to remember whose football it is, and the football is different with a publicly traded corporation. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, polizzio said:

 

No Galatoire's in the New Orleans French Quarter :)  Some good eatin in my former home town.

The second picture?

If so, I stand corrected.

And if so, is that a Starbucks cup?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...