I really tried to find an appropriate thread!

USNRET

• Moderators
1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

Have you seen those ridiculous prices.  I had four kids and used to take them to Disneyland often since it was just a short drive down the road. It would be hard for many to take a large family there now.  Want to say it's over $100 a head.

When we went all rides were rated, "A" ride, "B" Ride, etc. you got a book of tickets. Parents had membership to  Private resturant and bar, 33 Club. 

Oh the good old days.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I grew up in the original Six Flags town.  Disney came across to me as self-important, overpriced, and well, full of shit.  "Imagineers" LMAO.  I had lots of Disney records as a small child and yeah we enjoyed them, but the business quickly changed (or was it like this all along) into let's see how we can manipulate kids to manipulate their parents into spending lots of money.

how dare you ... it's the happiest place on Earth.  I grew up around numerous amusement parks ... Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain.  I've spent my fair share of coin at them. 

Funny memory is my brother was an adult but looked 10 years younger than he was. We're at Disneyland in one of the shops and he picks up this Chewbacca mask. The worker says, "Becareful with that little boy, it's very expensive."  My brother says, "how much is it?"  They guy said $85 (this back in the late 70s) so my brother take a wad of hundreds out of his pocket and tosses one on the counter and says "I'll take it."  I told him, "you just paid nearly a hundred dollars to shut that guy up."  He thought it was money well spent and I admit the worker sure did look embarrassed -- but he got the sale. 

4 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Of.course the Tickets! Remember what A ticket rides were?  Lincoln speaks and Main Street trolly.

What were the B, C, and D tickets for ... just saw this on Ebay and the A and E tickets are gone. Apparently, this person didn't like B, C, D rides. 

Funny story, my very elderly aunt & uncle went to Disneyland and got on Thunder Mountain Railroad thinking it was that slow moving train ride that circles the park.  Glad they didn't have any ill effects from the ride, but would have loved to have seen their faces when they realized it was a (semi) roller coaster.

s-l640.jpg

4 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

How do you know that PWK would approve?  Just curious. 

Chief, 

No offense intended, I said I think he would approve.

I don't know anyone who would think a group of people getting together to listen to music, have a few pops and laughs is a bad thing. 

Mark

12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

No not bad things about amusement parks.  Bad things about Disney, and their amusement parks.

you just hate happiness don't you?  😀 you probably hate smiley faces too. 

Just remember what we learnt from Disney's Carousel of Progress "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday."  

That applies to you & me friend.