Anyone like comedians? Saw Jim Jefferies last nigth

tigerwoodKhorns

One of my favorite forms of entertainment.  I really do not like Las Vegas shows.  Blue man group is the only one that I ever saw that I enjoyed other than comedians. 

We saw Jim Jefferies at the Mirage last night.  He was great. 

I miss the old days with Richard Pryor, George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, but there are some great acts out there today. 

• Like 2

I saw Jeremy Hotz a few years ago. I changed my t-shirt before i left the house because it had some writing on it, they tried to give me a table right up against the stage and i refused and sat a bit further back -- i was trying everything not to become part of his act. 

5 minutes into the show, he stops and points at me and says, “Look at that hat.  What kind of hat is that."

I’m a fan of Pork Pie hats, so as much as i was trying not to stand out, i guess i was.

At least he didn’t make jokes about me like he did one of the other audience members (that was drunk and boisterous).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

No real professional ones, just some up and coming ones.   Oddly enough, went to a comedy club there at the Mirage for my buddies bachelor party last May.  A lot of fun and a lot of drinking we did. 

And a lot of fun you had I would imagine!

There are plenty of wanna be comedians right here on the forum.  Like all good ones, everyone is going to get offended at some point, but it provides hours of laughs for the rest of the crowd.

• Thanks 1

I enjoy Jim Jeffries.  I also enjoy Jim Gaffigan.  They have wildly contrasting styles.  Whereas Jeffries is profane, Gaffigan makes a point of avoiding sex and profanity.

I don’t object to filth or profanity, so long as the joke is clever.  Profanity and sex jokes that are merely shocking without being clever are to be avoided.  Gaffigan’s family friendly show is equally entertaining.

Some Gaffigan trivia; he played varsity football at Purdue and Georgetown.  He was a football Hoya teammate of Jim Schwartz, former coach of the Detroit Lions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, baron167 said:

Wife and I really like Jim Jeffries. One of our favorites. We've seen all his Netflix and HBO specials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was awesome.  New materials and he can deliver. I googled and watched "Simon taught me that" today.  The one where he took his friend with MS to the brothel is also priceless.  

He had opening acts do about 20 minutes and he did an hour and fifteen.  We had second row seats.  Great show. Go see him if you can. 

Bert Kressler is also great. 

Louis CK is playing Phoenix and I got an alert when tickets came out.  We could have gotten second row seats for $45 each, but my workload was too busy to plan a trip.  I wish he would play Laughlin.  I'd love to go there for a mini vacation to see him. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

He was awesome.  New materials and he can deliver. I googled and watched "Simon taught me that" today.  The one where he took his friend with MS to the brothel is also priceless.  

He had opening acts do about 20 minutes and he did an hour and fifteen.  We had second row seats.  Great show. Go see him if you can. 

Bert Kressler is also great. 

Louis CK is playing Phoenix and I got an alert when tickets came out.  We could have gotten second row seats for $45 each, but my workload was too busy to plan a trip.  I wish he would play Laughlin.  I'd love to go there for a mini vacation to see him. 

Bert Chrysler? lol Berty Boy. The Machine! I follow Kreisher and Tom Seguro and Joe Rogan, Joey Diaz, and all those guys and gals. Louis C.K. would be awesome. I want to see them all live, especially Eddie Murphy. 

• Like 1