Chorus III Experiment

dtr20

On 9/23/2021 at 6:56 AM, dtr20 said:

DE10

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Since I'm the one who ran all the curves for DaveA and paired up the DE-10 with the LMAHL v2, I'd say that's a good choice. I had 4 of those with my K402's and ME-10 horns to match the high output of the K-1133 driver made by Klipsch, but it took 2 in parallel per channel to do it. You guys should be glad that it works so well with stock Klipsch Crossovers and you only need ONE per channel. LOL.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Madman1 said:

@ClaudeJ1@Dave A I wanted something to use in Belles, Cornwalls and chorus ii. Apparently the 125 will not work in the chorus ii and the De-10 will not fit in the Belle hf section, at least I don’t think it will. Pretty tight in there. 

There's no question here and I don't understand your statement.

1 hour ago, Madman1 said:

Sorry B&C ct-125.

The Crites CT-125 is an Eminence driver according to their website I have no experience with those but the horn that comes with it from Crites is similar to the k-77 and will not bolt right up to a Chorus without some sort of adapter or modification. As far as I know the only drop in replacements with an upgraded driver come from @Dave A He has the DE-10 & DE-120 available:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224152702930?hash=item34308acfd2:g:6jcAAOSwBF5d5TWS

I know the DE-120 driver will drop right in the Chorus no problem not sure about the DE-10

• Like 1

On the larger tweeter like in the Chorus it is a two step install if you use the DE-10 and a direct drop in with the DE-120 driver. The K-77 can be a bit more complicated as to which is right. You have K-77-M which is the majority of all out there then the K-77-F which is the one with the zee brackets and finally the K-77-D which is the later version with no zee brackets and is a casting that protrudes into the cutout to flush with the front of the mororboard. Then you can add in on the KHorns mainly from the 70's where the cutout is often a bit undersized and requires a smaller OD boss on the lens body to fit. Then you also have 1/2 " and 3/4" thick motorboards on the KHorn HF section so there are variations out there to look out for.

The DE-10 and DE-120 will not fit any Klipsch OEM tweeter horn's on vintage speakers nor anywhere else I believe. I have not seen all variations nor have people reported back if they have tried.

6 hours ago, Madman1 said:

Will the 125 work in the chorus? 

You mean the CT125 drivers that use the threaded Tonsil driver made for Crites? No I am aware of no lens body that will fit that cutout and use that driver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You’re right there isn’t a B&C ct-125, There is a ct-125 and a lot of guys had used it in to replace of the k-77, I was unsure if it could also be used in place of k-79 with appropriate horn lens. I’m pretty confident you knew what the ct-125 is, sorry for mixing up a few letters and not being pinpoint exact, I’ll make sure I have all my t’s crossed and I’s dotted before asking another question.   I have my answer from others and it is no it won’t work. I apologize @dtr20 for jumping on your thread. 

2 hours ago, Madman1 said:

You’re right there isn’t a B&C ct-125, There is a ct-125 and a lot of guys had used it in to replace of the k-77, I was unsure if it could also be used in place of k-79 with appropriate horn lens. I’m pretty confident you knew what the ct-125 is, sorry for mixing up a few letters and not being pinpoint exact, I’ll make sure I have all my t’s crossed and I’s dotted before asking another question.   I have my answer from others and it is no it won’t work. I apologize @dtr20 for jumping on your thread. 

Yup, you should be ashamed for being the first to ever thread jump in the history of the Klipsch forum.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Madman1 said:

No apologies needed.

If you want an answer to your question, you have to be more specific. DaveA's LMAHL and sMAHL's are two different size Lenses, choice of 2 items. He offers 2 different B&C  compression tweeter drivers for those horns, which gives you 4 choices. The CT-125 only comes with one horn lens from Crites and has NOTHING to do with B&C or DaveA. so that is 5 choices. Now on top of that, you throw in Belle's, Cornwalls, and Chorus II's which are 3 different speakers that require different lenses to fit in combination with 2 or more different drivers (DaveA gives you lots of holes for other drivers). This permutation of 15 choices. When your initial statement like that,  it's hard to figure out what the heck you are looking for as an answer. I'm still not sure you have an answer since you were not specific enough and threw in numbers that did not exist from B&C or Eminence. So can you blame a guy with the answers being a bit impatient at your lack of precision in a speaker that requires a PRECISE retrofit?

So basically, I'm saying what PWK said to guys asking HIM questions: "One thing at a time."

9 hours ago, Madman1 said:

You’re right there isn’t a B&C ct-125, There is a ct-125

No Apologies needed at  all , the forum is a place for discussion -

the CT 125 is the older version of the  Eminence APT 50  mated to a Crites injection molded horn  -it's  close to a K77 but a tad different  , the CT 125/Eminence APT 50 can't replace a K79   -

• Thanks 1