Patricio

Hello Guys. I'm a proud owner of a pair of Forte III since around 6 months. 

Do any of you have experience with the positioning of the Forte III in order to obtain its best sound? I know there are several  factors to consider, but in general terms (apart from what the Instruction Manual says) and based on your own experiences. 
What can you comment? I am still experimenting, but so far, separated from the back wall about 50 centimeters and about 45 
centimeters from the side walls, it has given me excellent results, especially in the acoustic image and response at low frequencies. 
Do you use "speaker toe"?

Congratulations on your new speakers. I am sure that you will enjoy them. 

Perhaps you could tell us the geometry of the room, how far back you will be sitting, whether the room corners are available, and any obstructions between the two speakers. Remember there are three major goals of this process: imaging,  an even and deep bass response, and minimizing the very early reflections.

In answer to your last comment - do not be afraid to toe in your speakers.

Good Luck,

-Tom

• Like 1

I had my FII in my small, square office.  They were toed in in the corners with the back edges of the speakers up against the walls.   Therefore there was a triangular channel in back of them.  The sound was wonderful.  No boom or bloat.

OTOH the office had a suspended ceiling and above it a huge area about four feet high which communicated to the rest of the offices in the suite.  My thought was that for bass freqs the ceiling was very, very large.   Additionally there was a door in the corner.

I think there are no pat answers although toe-in and corners are a big help. With toe-in IMHO you are as much aiming away from walls as you are aiming toward the listener.

WMcD

• Like 2