F20 braces

Lbk

I have the pieces  cut for an f20 but can not open the braces file. Looking at walnut f20 build pics looks like 2 braces centered, one in mouth and one in tunnel behind the mouth. Are these the only 2? If so does some one have the dimensions for these braces, thanks!

30 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I normally just lay a piece of stock over the horn walls and trace the shape of the brace with a pencil.  No need to provide cut as things can shift ever so slightly as 

Yea I can do that,  so are there just the 2 braces like in the pic? 

49 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Or you could go completely nuts with it.  The original version had no braces and they never had an issue with panel vibration.  I think it's best to put some in though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=815146&stc=1

Think I'll go for completely nuts, 23 by 32 inch plywood and not bb. Thanks for the help and pic carl !

Edited by Lbk

Since I am  not using the highest quality plywood I've decide to add 3 braces. 2 like in walnut f20  build and one on the side where sub is mounted. ( No holes in braces) Maybe overkill maybe not but once finished it would hard to add them.

Extra cost should be minimal and not concerned about extra weight. This thing isn't light to begin with. 

Carl do you remember how far the mouth  brace is from front edge, looks to be about 6 inches? Thanks.

Edited by Lbk