F20 braces

Lbk

I only use a textured roller on pro sound cabinets, the Purdy microfiber roller leaves a smoother more even finish.

You will need to water the Duratex down for this, just a little bit or its ruined. Duratex does not stick to Bondo, you must prime.

As for the brace nothing near 18" span should be acceptable, even the low cost cabinet kits have enough thought to use proper bracing.

17 minutes ago, jason str said:

I only use a textured roller on pro sound cabinets, the Purdy microfiber roller leaves a smoother more even finish.

You will need to water the Duratex down for this, just a little bit or its ruined. Duratex does not stick to Bondo, you must prime.

As for the brace nothing near 18" span should be acceptable, even the low cost cabinet kits have enough thought to use proper bracing.

Oddly, Duratex recommends using Bondo and no priming needed per their instructions.

I have duratexed over Bondo a couple times with no issue.

I do prime MDF before Bondo but only as a personal preference.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:15 PM, Lbk said:

Ok. Thanks for all the help!

The sub cutout is 14 inches in diameter and centered top to bottom so center point is 9.25 inches out? ( top to bottom) How many inches out is the center point from the mouth panel? (side to side)

Edited by Lbk