Klipsch + Naim?

Magnus227

Hi community members.

First post from me so just a quick presentation before the questions..

Huge music fan (rock, metal, folk, prog, electronica and more). I own approx 700 vinyl records and my NAS is filled with my CD-collection as FLAC-files (approx 3200 albums). I’m also using TIDAL streaming service.

Current setup:

Naim Audio: Supernait 2 (amp), NDX (streamer/DAC), Ovator S-400 (speakers), Stageline (RIAA).

Turntable: Pro-Ject 2Xperience with Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge (MC).

At the moment I’m just owning one(!) Klipsch product, namely The One wireless speaker. However I’m very interested in the Klipsch Forte III:s after reading and watching reviews on them.

Now to my questions where I’m hoping your expertise can give me some guidance:

1. Anybody using Klipsch with amplification from Naim Audio? The “Naim sound” is very much “in your face” (which I love). Therefore I’m wondering if it can be “too much”?

2. Any rumors about any Forte IV on the horizon?

3. Is it possible to purchase the special edition grilles separately? I’m thinking the ones that came with the matte black Fortes SE. 

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Magnus227

Magnus227

I join the question as well, as I will probably be pairing my just ordered Klipsch (RP 280F) with Naim Nait 5si most probably + TT.

What I've found in my research and from comments on this and other forums is that Klipsch tend to be high sensitive speakers, not demanding extremely powerful amplifiers.

Edited by Kamran
  • Like 1

I agonized over this a lot. I had to get a new amp for my Forte 3 and Naim was one of the options. The various responses on this topic were that it is not a particular happy pairing, but I did not hear it for myself, I couldn't get one in for demo.

I owned until now a NuPrime IDA-8 (great amp, loved it with the Forte 3, but it digitizes the analog input and my OCD was not OK with it), Musical Paradise MP301 MK3 (inexpensive low power tube SET, very good value).

I got now a PrimaLuna EVO 200 integrated and it is just another level, honestly it is just no comparison, the realism, dynamics, bass, everything blows my mind.

I was not a tube guy, but oh boy, if you think about Klipsch Forte 3 and don't have a hard reason to not consider tubes,  do yourself a favour and hear them with a PrimaLuna.

• Like 1

I have a Uniti Atom paired with a pair of Heresy IIIs and I think they are a great match. I am also using a Uniti Nova with my Volti Rivals in my "big" room and that pairing is even more stunning. A better fit than the Luxman MQ-88uSE tube amp I was using with them. The Rivals are pretty much like Forte IIIs on steroids. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/21/2020 at 1:03 PM, JFHSQT said:

I have a Uniti Atom paired with a pair of Heresy IIIs and I think they are a great match. I am also using a Uniti Nova with my Volti Rivals in my "big" room and that pairing is even more stunning. A better fit than the Luxman MQ-88uSE tube amp I was using with them. The Rivals are pretty much like Forte IIIs on steroids. 

What kind of speaker cables do you use? Naca5 recommended by Naim? Very interested!

• 7 months later...
On 2/18/2020 at 12:46 PM, Magnus227 said:

Hi community members.

First post from me so just a quick presentation before the questions..

Huge music fan (rock, metal, folk, prog, electronica and more). I own approx 700 vinyl records and my NAS is filled with my CD-collection as FLAC-files (approx 3200 albums). I’m also using TIDAL streaming service.

Current setup:

Naim Audio: Supernait 2 (amp), NDX (streamer/DAC), Ovator S-400 (speakers), Stageline (RIAA).

Turntable: Pro-Ject 2Xperience with Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge (MC).

At the moment I’m just owning one(!) Klipsch product, namely The One wireless speaker. However I’m very interested in the Klipsch Forte III:s after reading and watching reviews on them.

Now to my questions where I’m hoping your expertise can give me some guidance:

1. Anybody using Klipsch with amplification from Naim Audio? The “Naim sound” is very much “in your face” (which I love). Therefore I’m wondering if it can be “too much”?

2. Any rumors about any Forte IV on the horizon?

3. Is it possible to purchase the special edition grilles separately? I’m thinking the ones that came with the matte black Fortes SE. 

Thanks in advance.

Hope you didn’t jump on those Forte IIIs too early lol. As I think Klipsch announced the Forte IV not too long after this was posted.