4 KP-250s for sale- What are they worth?

Brianfromchurch

I have 4 KP-250s coming out of our church (we are getting a new sound system).

They are oak veneer on 3/4in MDF..and very heavy. The black grills are with them.

3 speakers in each cabinet (high,mid,low) with 2 vent holes but these do not have the plastic corners or handles, although I assume you could add that.

The one side of each is faded from sunlight from adjacent window.

I have not seen any on this forum that are the oak cabinets, so I am not sure what these are worth vs the rock band variety.

It looks like maybe 200-300 each? 

Any help on a good fair price(proceeds go back to our church) and if anyone is interested please let me know. BTW my first post to this forum...

I will try to figure out how to post a picture too

Thanks

Brian

update 2/24/20

I was asked for photos of serial numbers and sides, so see attached.

Spkr#1- Ser no 106390160

has fading on left side and it looks like some screw/drill holes on right side that were filled in with wood putty... very hard to see in pic 3205 for example

there is also a small chip on top right side of veneer 1/4 x 1/2"

Spkr#2 Ser no 106390158

some fading on left side img 3203, very small chip on top corner 1/16 x 2" on front face, some black scuff marks

Spkr #3 Ser no 106390159

no real fading per img 3204, does have some filled in drill holes on left side see img 3205

Spkr #4 Ser no 358290570

fading on right side img 3206, no drill holes, some adhesive residue on top

Image 3207 shows a better pic of the front with the Klipsch logo and 3 speakers and 2 vent holes.

IMG_3198.jpg

IMG_3199.jpg

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

Edited by Brianfromchurch
add photos of serial no and sides
  • Like 3

Sorry for not listing location. We are in Wilmington Delaware... near Philie or Baltimore

And now on this reply it looks like I can attach small pics so here are the 4 I have. I can take more if needed.

I notice that my one pic did not show all the speakers[ there are 3 speakers-Im guessing high mid and low]  and 2 round vent holes in the speaker at the top

Ohh and on the label it says KP-250 and then after that it looks like 'T0' but it is hard to read. it could be 'F0' too. if important I can look at them closer.

I agree with the comments that these Klipsch's are hard to beat sound wise, but they do not fit with the church anymore. These were located at the front of the church going out, but we need speakers closer to the congregation and pews [ aging population with hearing loss]. So we are spreading out column speakers closer to the people.

Thanks for the help on the fair value. I saw 1 post that suggested $500/pr but people wanted to see the condition. Please review pics and let me know what a good value is and if there is any interest in them[ sounds like maybe depending on location]…. I guess I could ship these? or are they too heavy to ship reasonably?

Thanks again to all

Brian

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

Edited by Brianfromchurch
answer more details
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Brianfromchurch said:

Thanks for the help on the fair value. I saw 1 post that suggested $500/pr but people wanted to see the condition. Please review pics and let me know what a good value is and if there is any interest in them[ sounds like maybe depending on location]…. I guess I could ship these? or are they too heavy to ship reasonably?

Plus or minus on price from my experience.  The higher price point may take longer to sell though however.   You can ship them using USHIP.   I shipped essentially that exact pair of speakers accross the country and got them there safely using "blanket wrap" service.   Good luck with your sale and thanks for checking with us here first. 

1 hour ago, Brianfromchurch said:

So we are spreading out column speakers closer to the people.

Every speaker spaced out means more expertise has to be brought to bear to ensure that the amplified sound arrives with maximum timing correction to each location. Otherwise, you make the situation worse by having those with compromised hearing further confused by timing errors. One of the first Heresy ads featured a single Heresy mounted high above about a 350 reverberant sanctuary and the headline was "everybody thought the minister was just speaking louder." It is my parish, and the speaker still hangs there and is still acoustically invisible. Point is, it is NOT the number of speakers...which can make things worse, but their location and certainly their absolute accuracy that makes the difference. If you immediately detect the speakers as the source of what you are hearing, you need a better engineer. 

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 12:21 PM, Mallette said:

Every speaker spaced out means more expertise has to be brought to bear to ensure that the amplified sound arrives with maximum timing correction to each location. Otherwise, you make the situation worse by having those with compromised hearing further confused by timing errors. One of the first Heresy ads featured a single Heresy mounted high above about a 350 reverberant sanctuary and the headline was "everybody thought the minister was just speaking louder." It is my parish, and the speaker still hangs there and is still acoustically invisible. Point is, it is NOT the number of speakers...which can make things worse, but their location and certainly their absolute accuracy that makes the difference. If you immediately detect the speakers as the source of what you are hearing, you need a better engineer. 

Dave

Right on the money here. I bought two sets of Kp-262's from a church in Knoxville. They were replacing them with something that sounded better. The SLV people there were terrible and had rewired a couple incorrectly and sloppy work with crimp connectors loose on the wires. One had actually fallen out and no wonder they sounded bad.

Setting them up to sound good in your environment is another problem. I was not asked about speakers when our church bought JBL's and I only told my Pastor one time what I thought of those dog barkers. Like many outfits this SLV company sold him on a system and then could not integrate them well with the sanctuary. There is not one bit of timing on anything.

4 hours ago, Dave A said:

Like many outfits this SLV company sold him on a system and then could not integrate them well with the sanctuary. There is not one bit of timing on anything.

Lack of installation experience is the rule, not the exception. Just like with pipe organs one should never engage a speaker installation firm without hearing several of their previous installations first. Any experienced audiophile can, with enough time to fiddle, handle a single or dual PA installation by simply starting with one, getting it transparent and to the point most can't immediately find it, then adding the other and repeating the process. Ear testing has to be done from every position in the audience area. When it is a very large installation and conditions call for more speakers, real expertise in PA installation is required. True experts are VERY hard to find and cheap ones are not good, and good ones may cost a significant fraction of the equipment. But failure to get it right will make the entire expenditure not only a waste but also create worse conditions than before.

Dave

• Thanks 1

KP 250 is way more dynamics and better with vocal than KG5.5, (which lacks the midrange image) even though some speakers look better on specs, actual listening will determine the real clarity and details. if one can get it for $600 a pair, I'd say go get it with no regret. KP 250 sounds awesome with all type of music not just only Jazz like some Klipsch.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, yorkdaletoronto said:

KP 250 is way more dynamics and better with vocal than KG5.5, (which lacks the midrange image) even though some speakers look better on specs, actual listening will determine the real clarity and details. if one can get it for $600 a pair, I'd say go get it with no regret. KP 250 sounds awesome with all type of music not just only Jazz like some Klipsch.

Yes think so... agree