K-55V Dual Phase Rebuild

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Just diaphragms Roger?

Hi Jim !

I don't know if they need diaphrams or mot Jim. I just want someone who works on them to tell me if I should replace the diaphrams or not? Also, the screens look like someone pushed on them with their thumb, but I talked to BEC on the phone tonight and he told me the screens cannot be bought. I bought my daughter Kimberly those split LaScala Pros with trim and I am waiting on my income tax return to pay off those Pro Heresy slant monitors with fiberglass and trim. I don't know if either or both are push pin or solder terminals, but I thought I would fix up my extra pair and use them if either pair of speakers are K-55V push pin. If by some act of God they both have solder terminals, some of my TSCMs are push pin and some are solder terminal, so fixing them up is a win-win for me and I will then sell whatever push pins and buy another pair of Solder Terminals. What are your thoughts Jim....

Roger

19 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

If you need a full checkout, Bob's your man I would think.

Jim,

Dean used to do them I thought but he said he doesn't any more. As stated, I talked to Bob and I think you are correct that is the way to go. Dean would have been nice as he is only about a 2 hour drive for me. Thanks for the advise. I will post some pictures if I ever get enough to take her veneer shopping at Oakwood Veneer, also about a 2 hour trip.  :D I want to Veneer and keep the trim, but ultimately it is her choice.

Roger