Belle Klipsch in Connecticut

PrestonTom

42 minutes ago, Lost240 said:

Even in pristine condition that would be a hard sale at $2500. 

Agreed, but someone might not see $2500 the same as I. It's sad to see watermarks on the tag, plant rings and chewed on veneer. especially on Belles and most especially on custom finished Belle. I mean, if they were Bose...... 

24 minutes ago, Lost240 said:

Let's be honest. Those are way overpriced. There is a strip of veneer missing across the face and stains on the top. Even in pristine condition that would be a hard sale at $2500. 

The plant stains will likely sand out in less than 10 minutes, at least so they are not blaring in your face

Lacquer dry's pretty fast too.

1968886425_topstains.thumb.jpg.586fc1db5a79bbfac926496bc732dad2.jpg

stains.thumb.jpg.87105891f05823a0476d42e3491c5f13.jpg

the front edge banding can be replaced fairly easy at least easier then the tops as trying to match an edge doesn't offer as much to view.

604181588_edgebanding.thumb.jpg.44f7108ec07e3dec5c1625bd68b693cc.jpg

They may not be worth the money but the money isn't worth what it was a couple years ago either.  Besides the money they are printing more of the Belle's are not likely to be built again anytime soon.

All that said, I wouldn't pay it either but I really am trying to downsize and not doing a very good job of it.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 8:15 AM, Lost240 said:

Let's be honest. Those are way overpriced. There is a strip of veneer missing across the face and stains on the top. Even in pristine condition that would be a hard sale at $2500. 

They are not mine, so I have no stake in this, however, Belles are sufficiently rare that you might be surprised how much someone might spend. Especially if teak matched their existing decor and etc etc. 

Besides this is a "Craigslist asking price". It is usually somewhere between inflated and out-and-out fantasyland. 

@wvu80

Dave's sheet shows the average sale price to be about $1900.

+(When) I see them (listed, they are) regularly (usually) priced between $1500-$2500, so the "sheet" is a good gauge of "average" selling price........from my perspective.

ymmv

• Like 1