Cornwall dimensions (broken down)

lone-wolf

Hey all,

I have done a bit of searching and not having much luck, this forum is an absolute wealth of knowledge so I thought I would enquire here.

I am travelling in the U.S during March/April (from Australia) so its a perfect time to purchase some Heritage speakers, which are tough to find second hand at home.

I have found a pair of Cornwalls I am thinking of buying and working out the cheapest way to get them home, if I take the components out and ship the tweeter and mid-range horn via airmail I could actually check the empty cabinets as luggage in and fit the woofers in my suitcase. I have been quoted $2k approximately for crating and shipping via airfreight which isn't viable. 

I have a spare woofer and tweeter here which weigh in at 12.5lb and 1.9lb

Does anyone have a k-600 horn and driver they could weigh for me?

Or does anyone know the weight of an empty Cornwall cabinet? If I know the weight of the k-600 I could work it out!

The pair I am looking at are decorators which may differ in weight slightly but as long as I know approximates I can make an estimate.

Any help is much appreciated... The things we do for hifi!

38 minutes ago, JohnA said:

I had a large time driving around NSW about 30 years ago.  I hope you will find the same here!  What part of the country will you be visiting?  Work or Pleasure? 

Hey John

I'll be based in New York for most of it (my girlfriend has taken a job for a NYC based company so she’ll spend a few months of the year there on and off), I do have a long weekend in L.A on the way home. She will be working 9-5 during the week, we may do a weekend away from NYC whilst there. 

It makes more sense for me to buy speakers and sea fright from the West Coast but the pair I am looking at are East Coast. Buying second hand I'll need to take what I can get wherever they pop up, I won't have the luxury of waiting patiently! 

Edited by lone-wolf

Keep looking!  ebay, reverb, craigslist, Garage Sale here, Audiogon, AudioKarma, ....

Then there is also a new Cornwall III, since the IVs are out.  You should give a pair of Heresy IVs a listen, too.  The bass output is a lot different than the older Heresies and the midrange is cleaner and clearer.  Plus, I know a guy, ...... 😀  Smaller may be cheaper to ship. 

• 2 weeks later...