RF7 lll Problem with veneer finish

Mr.2stroke

19 minutes ago, BenJB said:

The pictures don’t do it justice, in person it’s very noticeable. I don’t care so much about the backs, but the distinct lines on the sides and tops of the cabinets bothers me.

466F2DED-ECF7-45CB-8CD1-BCE92D79CB30.jpeg

5CEC016A-6D8D-4280-8E11-6D7FDE0F6C17.jpeg

I just bought some cf2's that have the same problem, edges are loose also. Not sure how to fix without put on new  veneer, going to try and iron it with a towel Sunday. Don't expect much but I guess its worth a try.

5 hours ago, Lbk said:

I just bought some cf2's that have the same problem, edges are loose also. Not sure how to fix without put on new  veneer, going to try and iron it with a towel Sunday. Don't expect much but I guess its worth a try.

Yeah it’s pretty unfortunate. I’m sure I’ll have to learn to live with it I guess...

4 hours ago, BenJB said:

Yeah it’s pretty unfortunate. I’m sure I’ll have to learn to live with it I guess...

My are used so I didn't expect them to  be perfect. You should on the other hand should have some recourse with the speakers being new. My speakers are cherry veneered also I wonder if this is a common problem with just cherry or other veneers also?

12 hours ago, Lbk said:

My are used so I didn't expect them to  be perfect. You should on the other hand should have some recourse with the speakers being new. My speakers are cherry veneered also I wonder if this is a common problem with just cherry or other veneers also?

That’s a good question as I’ve only seen people having this issue with the cherry veneer so far.

5 hours ago, billybob said:

Now your talking... good idea.

5 hours ago, Amstaff said:

Keep us posted on how things go. I have had my cherry RF-7s since new (early 2000s) they do not have these lines.

Good luck.

Thank you fellas I will keep you posted. Mike Embers is taking care of me and sending the pics and serial numbers off to Klipsch.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BenJB said:

Thank you fellas I will keep you posted. Mike Embers is taking care of me and sending the pics and serial numbers off to Klipsch.

you now have  B  stock  speakers ,  so , you  can ask  for  a rebate to offset the defects -  or a refund or a straight exchange ---you decide what's best

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BenJB said:

I contacted the dealer I bought my rf-7 iii’s from. We will see how it goes, just a hassle...

Yea  but should be worth it once done and you still have some nice speakers to listen to. Good luck with the dealer!

EA

2 hours ago, BenJB said:

Thank you man I appreciate it. 

I am going to experiment with fixing my speakers, mine are old and finish is not perfect anyway. I will post my results good or bad.

Strange thing is even at close examination I can't tell what the exact problem is.

23 minutes ago, Lbk said:

I am going to experiment with fixing my speakers, my are old and finish is not perfect anyway. I will post my results good or bad.

Strange thing is even at close examination I can't tell what the exact problem is.

Good luck and I hope they turn out good.

Directly from Mike Embers at Acoustic Sound Design.

Klipsch will be sending you a new pair...

They have all the information needed...

I am not sure if they want me to pick up other pair or if they will do it at
same time as delivery...

As soon as I have info-you will have it as well” 

then this from Klipsch.

We are Swapping out.

On back order until Mid April missing parts-Covid...but will get as soon as we can.

Will send you tracking as soon as we can.

We will pick up the old ones after delivery of the new.

Please tell them toUse the old until then.

Apologize for us of course”

Of which is fine with me.

Timeline of events. I received the speakers Friday Feb. 26th and immediately noticed the finish on them, emailed Mike on Sunday the 28th and he responded right away that day Sunday! He handled talking with Klipsch VP and everything was done by Tuesday March 2nd. I just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Embers and Acoustic Sound Design for the outstanding customer service. In my opinion this is a rarity these days.

Edited by BenJB
  • Like 3