Heresy ii in teak

Noisebleed

28 minutes ago, Noisebleed said:

Guys,  need to ask the dreaded question.

Have a rider on my insurance for replacement cost on electronics in the event of...

Newer just gets replaced, on my vintage its more of a market value or inflation adjusted retail from when new.

Because of the rarity of these how do i value them?  Because currently they are listed as nothing more than run of the mill h2's.

I would think that will be tough, maybe some sort of professional appraisal, if there is such a thing for vintage audio equipment. Just because you tell the insurance company my very unique, one of a kind H2 are worth $2k doesn't mean they will pay that if there is a loss. I have been thru a flood and insurance companies search out most item values by comparables in the marketplace. At the very least i'd take detailed pics or video and store them somewhere safe. Not a bad idea to do with all the contents in your home. Like in a safety deposit box at the bank, or exchange with a family member for safe keeping. Put it on a usb thumb drive.

When my home was flooded in 2012, the insurance company gave me an Excel spreadsheet to document my house contents and values. I had taken plenty pics of inside beforehand. Without detailed pics or video, it is super tough to account for everything in your home of value. I did mine room by room with the pics I took, and my memory too.

• Moderators
23 hours ago, polizzio said:

I would think that will be tough, maybe some sort of professional appraisal, if there is such a thing for vintage audio equipment. Just because you tell the insurance company my very unique, one of a kind H2 are worth $2k doesn't mean they will pay that if there is a loss. I have been thru a flood and insurance companies search out most item values by comparables in the marketplace. At the very least i'd take detailed pics or video and store them somewhere safe. Not a bad idea to do with all the contents in your home. Like in a safety deposit box at the bank, or exchange with a family member for safe keeping. Put it on a usb thumb drive.

When my home was flooded in 2012, the insurance company gave me an Excel spreadsheet to document my house contents and values. I had taken plenty pics of inside beforehand. Without detailed pics or video, it is super tough to account for everything in your home of value. I did mine room by room with the pics I took, and my memory too.

Check with your agent, that's what you pay them for.

Determine if it should be scheduled and if you can insure for an appraised value.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Noisebleed said:

In the event,  and it only happened once (flood), sounds like would be replaced with closest current model.

Works for me....

It depends, if FMV then you will get H2 price plus a couple hundred maybe.

If you have replacement you will get current model, or if it was a more common item, they could try and find one.

This is very common issue with guns and jewelry. 

The Museum has very specialized insurance that covers items by value, the the more we value, the more it is.

If you want to get to hard questions, imagine what Jim has to do to come up with in order to value the plexiglass Khorn.  What about the prototype Khorn, what's that worth?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Noisebleed said:

Would be replaced by current model.

It depends on your carrier, type of coverage and the state you are in. 

If it was damaged in a flood, the natural disaster type, there is no coverage unless you have flood insurance, and a flood insurance claim is a nightmare.

You always want to double check.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Noisebleed said:

Yes, flood insurance. Both land and sewage as both are different here.

Can either submit as original msrp ie. everyday heresys or current equivalents ie. H3. Latter would be logical choice.

Tangent.... anyone hear the H4's?

Assume the port completely changes the sonics. 

I have, it's like a whole new speaker