Fs           28.9 hz
Q(ts)      .2701
Q(es)     .2886
Q(ms)    4.218
L(e)       .7036 mH (10K)
M(ms)   54.08 grams
V(as)      3.218 cu ft

The question was asked "Why does anyone need these?"

The answer is that Klipsch no longer sells these and has no intention of getting any more. You cannot have them re-coned as there are no "kits" for the re-coners to re-cone them with.

Klipsch will not supply the T/S parameters.

If you have a blown woofer in your KLF-20 you can either try to find a used one or try to find a modern replacement.

Using these parameters you might get a little closer to the original that you are trying to replace.

• Like 2

Here is what I got from Eminence. They made the K-1036-E as a copy of the K-1036-K for Klipsch.
Mike
The K-1036 was a custom designed speaker with a 2” voice coil, 56oz magnet, poly cone, and rubber surround. Here are the T/S parameters: 05-RE OHMS 5.62 13-FS HZ 29.22 06-LE MH 1.32 14-MMS GMS 50.10 07-QM 8.40 15-CMS mm/N .5923 08-QE .280 16-RMS NS/M 1.0945 09-QT .270 17-VAS LTRS 93.08 10-XMAX MM 5.40 18-SD SCM 334.51

Good info.

I did contact Eminence in hopes they were going to make some more K-1036-E(s) or had something close.

This was the response......

Hi Greg
I am sorry to say that we do not offer a similar stock replacement for the Klipsch K-1036-E.  What makes it rather unique is the rubber surround and longer voice coil winding height (high Xmax).
Best Regards,
ANTHONY LUCAS

• Like 1

This is pretty disappointing........

Chad (Klipsch Product Support)

Feb 24, 11:23 AM EST

Thank you for contacting Klipsch. I am really sorry about the delay. I had to reach out to my engineering team to request this information/documentation. I was advised that we are unfortunately not able to publicly send this information. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration, however, I do not have access to this file and I am not able to send it.

Thanks,

Greg_M

Feb 10, 4:46 PM EST

Can you please supply me with the Thiele-Small Parameters for the K-1036?
If you don't sell them anymore, maybe I can find a modern equivalent that is close and buy that.
Please help me and thousands of other people who need these to keep their KLF-20s alive.
Thank you
Greg

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Greg_M said:

This is pretty disappointing........

Chad (Klipsch Product Support)

Feb 24, 11:23 AM EST

Thank you for contacting Klipsch. I am really sorry about the delay. I had to reach out to my engineering team to request this information/documentation. I was advised that we are unfortunately not able to publicly send this information. I am truly sorry for any inconvenience or frustration, however, I do not have access to this file and I am not able to send it.

Thanks,

Greg_M

Feb 10, 4:46 PM EST

Can you please supply me with the Thiele-Small Parameters for the K-1036?
If you don't sell them anymore, maybe I can find a modern equivalent that is close and buy that.
Please help me and thousands of other people who need these to keep their KLF-20s alive.
Thank you

Chied Bonehead's  would know that off the top of his head, but it may be proprietary, or he may have other plans. He always has something going on.

Travis

If I was looking for a replacement driver for The KLF-10 or 20, I'd have a hard look at these:

https://www.usspeaker.com/ciare-hw250-1.htm

Size-wise they are a drop in replacement, I wish they had a nicer trim, so I'd be seriously tempted to take off the gasket and put the KLF trim over it.

Or these:

https://www.usspeaker.com/ciare-hw251n-1.htm

They certainly look better, the numbers are in the ballpark, but they are 2.5mm too big in diameter, and they are backordered.

Other forum members have reported good results with the 12" version of this brand for the KLF-30's.

• 1 month later...

I have 2 Klipsch K-1036-K speakers. About a year ago I purchased 2 new ones from Klipsch.

The replaced ones both had about 25% or so of the spider loose. I epoxied them and tested

as best I could down to inaudibility. 

Any interest? I am at 06611

Hi Vince, yes both are available and they are heavy, my zip is 06611 Trumbull Ct. Are you anywhere nearby? If you need the exact model # I will get it. These have had about 25% of their spiders epoxied and tested as best as I could. Used a bass traps bass disc (10-200 hz). Played fine, no audible distortion or rubbing/grating sounds. $125 plus shipping seems fair.