KPT-904 crossovers, help please

risingjay

Long story short for those who don't know the story.....My brother-in-law and I picked up 7 kpt-904's that came out if a movie theater.  We've gone through them and now need help!  The crossovers are confusing us.

- (6) have crossovers marked KPT-904M

5805.thumb.jpeg.d390c01b6d365f163c369eeab986dec0.jpeg

-(1) is marked KPT-904M-B

5807.thumb.jpeg.b0cbb67eaa73b0b29d237a4dc08e55ce.jpeg

-The (1) KPT-904M-B crossover would lead me to believe that this is the bi-amp version.  But then why is there a crossover if it needs an active crossover?

-Why does the horn coming off the KPT-904M-B crossover sound like the highs are hotter and Crisper over the KPT-904M?

-Why do these crossovers look different than one of the replies posted here of the KPT-904?  

-I don't want to assume here, but on the KPT-904M-B crossover, are the extra set of binding post so you can daisy chain bass bins?  Would that mean if I hooked up the HF to the extra speaker posts that I'm sending the full frequency to the CD?

-If it is the bi-amp version why is there a crossover at all when it will be controlled by the active crossover?

-All bass bins say KPT-904M on the outside of the terminal cup by the way.

I know I have a lot of why's to be answered but this doesn't make sense to both of us right now and we could not find any info on how to hook these things up.  I try my best to research before asking.

Thanks for your help in advance!

The KPT-904-M-B looks correct for the schematic I’ve seen... the KPT-904-M is some what confusing due to its use of the T10A autoformer? That’ll knock the HF down -9dB which seem crazy overkill for std 904 setup. I’ve also never seen a 904 use an autoformer???