Completed my System today / review

Foxman

Last summer as my wife and I began discussing a remodel, I knew it was time for some new speakers, which led me on a journey into Heritage Klipsch. Below is the story and review of the struggle with finding a Heritage center channel that meets my bride's satisfaction (Something very important to me)

I began with RF, RC, RS-7's which I had for around 17 years. I paired them with a SVS 20-39PC Plus sub woofer. Since that time, I purchased dual SVS SB3000's, a pair of Klipsch CDT5800 C2's for surrounds, I went through various used Heritage speakers before purchasing a pair of new Forte 3's in Natural Cherry. The challenge is and has been the center channel. The RC-7 simply did not even come close to the timbre and it really bugged me... a lot.

Enter the Heresy 1. What a beautiful speaker that matched perfectly. One big problem is the wife strong dislike. After various mental exercises and attempts to smooth that over or recreate a more pleasing version, I rolled the dice on a B&K Sound CSC-1 from Crites speakers.

The build is solid, it is a 6ohm speaker and it is not a perfect timbre match like the Heresy. But, it is very, very good and close enough that from my seat, I cannot hear a timbre mismatch. It comes unfinished and the grill is sold separate as is the fabric and I still need to veneer, stain, and mount the grill and cloth, but I am a happy camper and best of all, my wife is satisfied. The CSC-1 is only slightly larger than the RC-7.

So, that is my brief review and below you see the pics. I love the sound of this system.

IMG_3931.jpg.500d23d3b23f93e7ab236fead95bcd51.jpgIMG_3932.jpg.6ec3d271c30b3a499e9b34dab4261c56.jpgIMG_3930.jpg.f04ece530c8b93dbdb362ea77c017c27.jpgIMG_3928.jpg.d64969acc3aa78e07ffaafeb3058d657.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1