Shipping Damage MC2505

PHX1KAH

• Moderators
6 hours ago, polizzio said:

@PHX1KAH

I want to add if you search, there are a couple shops/guys in the US who specialize in repairing/restoring McIntosh equipment. Perhaps one of them might be interested in purchasing ur unit remains, least you might recover something from it. Or maybe they purchase for its salvagable parts? I will post a link to one such I found while searching a month ago. Guy in TN. There are not a lot of Mac repair shops to be found really.

http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/

Terry would laugh and say sorry.

6 hours ago, polizzio said:

@PHX1KAH

I want to add if you search, there are a couple shops/guys in the US who specialize in repairing/restoring McIntosh equipment. Perhaps one of them might be interested in purchasing ur unit remains, least you might recover something from it. Or maybe they purchase for its salvagable parts? I will post a link to one such I found while searching a month ago. Guy in TN. There are not a lot of Mac repair shops to be found really.

http://www.mcintoshaudio.com/

It USED to be that whatever Tom sold on the above website, 100% went through Terry DeWick's hands for a mechanical update/fix.  Terry has now retired.  Makes me curious who Tom has doing the electronics or, if he's just riding on his inventory?  (honest question)

Aside from the above, Terry who was known nationwide, has now turned his lights out.  (you can drill into his links and see this)

Terry lives "close" (in internet terms) to me and has been to my house.

11 minutes ago, Coytee said:

It USED to be that whatever Tom sold on the above website, 100% went through Terry DeWick's hands for a mechanical update/fix.  Terry has now retired.  Makes me curious who Tom has doing the electronics or, if he's just riding on his inventory?  (honest question)

Aside from the above, Terry who was known nationwide, has now turned his lights out.  (you can drill into his links and see this)

Terry lives "close" (in internet terms) to me and has been to my house.

Everything I read on the website says the service aspect is terminated, that Terry has retired. But i thought it might be worth an email from the OP to see if they might be interested in purchasing his now basket case for parts. Maybe not. I found a shop close to me (60 miles) and called them, gave the lady my contact info, and they never called me back. Wanted an estimate to replace my MC-150 glass, and when they could do it. Their reviews on line are not good either.

Only other shop I found next is in Houston TX, 350 miles from me. Finding a good McIntosh repair shop seems really challenging. I had called another in NY and they wanted $60 more for the glass than I paid from McIntosh Labs. So glad Mac had it on hand. $216 shipped to me. Good service, Brian in Parts was most helpful.

The seller subtracted his eBay sellers cost and shipping charges (so I lost about 20% of my total purchase cost).  I figured I could come out ok since I was keeping the amplifier.

Below is another picture that shows the force applied (dropped) to the front of the amplifier:

MC2505 --.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...