Need help laying out my theater speakers 5.1.4 or something else?

kc2dc

Need help laying out my theater speakers 5.1.4 or something else?

I'm looking for some help since my situation is a little unique. This has been sort of a design build learning process as I have bought some speakers, then some more etc, but now I'm stuck with the speakers I have and I think I need to do something different than what I have set up.

I have a 75" QLED Q80 series TV

Pioneer Elite VSX-LX503 9.2

Front: Klipsch RP-280f tower speakers

Center: Klipsch RP-500C

Surround: Klipsch RP-500SA mounted on the walls as highs (angled down), these speakers can be Atmos or Surrounds.

Ceiling/Atmos: Two CDT-5650-C II

Subs: Two R-120SW (12inch subs)

My problem is that I can't really do side surrounds. I have no place to put them. So I'm thinking of doing two of the RP-500SA speakers mounted high on the front wall and set them up as Atmos to work with the in-ceiling Atmos speakers which are directly above the seating area.

I'm guessing this would be a 5.2.4 system?

Or would it be better to run the fronts as high surrounds and only have the two above be Atmos?

Do I really have to have the side surrounds?  I hope I can make a good sounding system without them.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't and I will try to describe it better.

Thanks in advance!
Edited by kc2dc
  • Like 1

You can't fit a couple of speaker on the same wall where are the 500SA, but at ear level?! If yes than you can place the RP500SA on top on the front or surround speakers, depends where the ceiling speakers are at the moment.

Hybrid Atmos 5.2.4

hybrik dolby.jpg

• Like 1