NAD 1700 Preamp/Tuner - Excellent Condition

jayu969

For sale are a NAD 1700 preamp/tuner in excellent condition WITH the hard-to-find original remote.

Typical of this era is a little crackling/static during volume control. The controls could stand to use lubricating however I did not do this as not sure the appropriate way.

ORIGINAL box and original styro-foam packing along with the original owners manuals.

$325 shipped to CONUS or best offer.

IMG_20200223_082600057 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200224_073847808 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200224_073527916 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20200223_082753981 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

I cannot express how durable  and reliable NAD amplifiers and integrated units are.  About 10 years ago I went to pick up a pair of Forte's and I negotiated for a NAD 7600 Power Envelope for and extra $ 250.00.  This integrated has been in my unheated garage all this time.  Whether the temperature is 95 degrees or 15 below zero it works just fine.  NAD makes some terrific gear.  Good Luck Jayu969 on your sale it should sell fast.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some love for NAD here.  These don’t come up often with the original packing materials, manuals, and remote.  One nice thing about the 1700 is the tuner’s frequency selection knob.  Though it is digital, it works like old school analog, and there’s some heft to the knob.  

It’s a great design for the period and it’s plenty adaptable to the present. I’ve used anything from a $25 Prozor BT DAC to a Bluesound node to stream via the 1700.  If you prefer the past, it does have a good phono section.  The 1700 pairs well with a range of NAD amps.  The 2100, 2400, 2600, and 2700 were all sold along side the 1700.