Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) I

JJkizak

So what happens if an individual purchases a product made and sealed with contaminated air in China (or anywhere) then opens it in the USA?

JJK

I have been told...wait a couple of weeks before you use it. What I would do is leave it outside for a few days, and then open it outside, and leave it for another week or so before bringing it inside the house. Obviously make sure the package and contents are protected from the weather.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You only have a 97 or so percent chance of living if you get it.  

Tell that to the ~ 2800 people who have died world wide from coronavirus so far. There are 50,000 active cases world wide right now. Old farts should be more concerned, old farts and very young children/infants.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The pandemic has not yet been arrested. Just getting rolling really.

• Like 1

Ironically, I've been telling the folks I talk to that "between now & the election"  (I've been saying this for the last 10/12 months)...

"between now and the election, the markets ARE going to go down...."

I was presuming it would be from something related to something tagged to Trump.

I'll admit to being a bit surprised that it's now a virus.

Now, the interesting question is....  to all the folks I told this was going to happen.....  how are they now reacting?

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Now, the interesting question is....  to all the folks I told this was going to happen.....  how are they now reacting?

I'm 85% cash and treasury cds right now. I'd love to see a 15-25% correction......it would be a great buying opportunity. Imo, the market has been way oversold for some time now. Time will tell, its gathering some steam again today. Down 466 points right now.

Still waiting on $70 AAPL.......I'm all over it then.

Yeah........   epidemiologists I know feel like this one is gonna go global. The bug is highly infectious and the course of the illness makes it a stealthy hard to contain vector. Fortunately for most humans it is not a lethal ailment. But for certain groups it will be pretty serious. Our country has many advantages over others in this regard. We should have a vaccine soon........ but getting adequate supplies of the vaccine will take some effort.

Sadly, it seems as though humanity needs a disease ‘wake-up’ call to remind us of life’s vulnerabilities. The truly scary scenarios are those which may occur in 3rd world countries where poverty, lack of sanitation and poor healthcare offer the worst of the worst situations. Insofar as the stock market impact that is more a result of the efforts to curb the disease. China is shutting down its workforce trying to manage this. This points out how much the west has come to rely upon China in our economies.

9 hours ago, richieb said:

I think you missed the pun. Corona, corona virus, - you might want to visit a doctor ? Oh well, I liked it — 

It takes limes to make corona disappear, 3/$1 isn't as good as it used to be but I'm stocking upB) 

& those "dust masks" you pickup at the doctors office? Ask yourself does your intake come through the fabric or between the skin of your face and the edges of the 3 cent mask?

Saw a respirator pic somewhere the other day. That's the only thing to stop the small particles... coal-tar paint and germs.

58 minutes ago, richieb said:

From reading the mask with a rating of N95 is truly rated to protect from virus. The paper masks are probably better than nothing but offer little protection. You’re as well off with consciousness hand washing —

heard a doctor saying that masks are for those that are sick.  it's not a full-proof thing, but does limit the amount of germs spread when they cough.  He said that you do NOT wear a mask in hopes of protecting yourself from others. 

I saw a video from a news station in China and they're power washing the sidewalks and trucks driving down the road spraying disinfectant everywhere. the purpose of this was to show how serious they were taking sanitizing the city. I had to shake my head because one worker is power washing the sidewalk and his buddy is coming up and grabbing the wet hose and he's not wearing gloves. So any contaminant on the sidewalk is now on his hands. 

Reminded me of last time I was at the hospital for an appointment. this elderly guy is in the waiting room, reading those magazines set out for people, and he's licking his finger when he has to turn the page. I felt like screaming, "you know this is a hospital, where sick people are, and who knows how many sick people read that magazine before you and you're licking your fingers after touching it."  Come on Man, no wonder germs spread so quickly.

• Sad 1

Reminded me of last time I was at the hospital for an appointment. this elderly guy is in the waiting room, reading those magazines set out for people, and he's licking his finger when he has to turn the page. I felt like screaming, "you know this is a hospital, where sick people are, and who knows how many sick people read that magazine before you and you're licking your fingers after touching it."  Come on Man, no wonder germs spread so quickly.

Yep. Both my mother and my brother went into the hospital because they were sick, got MRSA and died days later.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3