Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) I

JJkizak

It is similar to a flu, so if it enters ther would be high chances for getting it.

But similar to a flu, it will do damage to vulnerable groups, elderly, already sick, babies etc. Most poeple should be ok.

As for the packages from China, most viruses are very vulnerable to direct sun exposure. Some reading abut that wouldn't hurt.

But when it is there, at the begining panic starts. For example, in northern Italy all counties are closed, schools etc, supermarkets emptied, prices of masks went sky high...

Wow @codewritinfool that is awful.

Went in to the hospital for kidney-stone blockage once and got a staff blob on the back of my leg where it hit that bed without paper over it. Looked real bad just two days later.

Called the drs office that treated me and they helped me out, that was about a year before I heard about that mrsa.

@sunburnwilly

That footage looks like it's for a cheesy horror movie, but darn, that is super bad if it's real. & the upset lady the other day goes to show that it could be.

I'd say it is obviously not sci-fi.

None of the paint stores had the paper dust masks with the metal crimp over the nose. Actually none at all and I went to four of them around this side of town this am. My respirator from the 90s took the disc type cartridges. We both have to go to the hospital frequently and with the half dozen or more languages I have heard just at the transplant lab... I won't go next month unless what I ordered gets here in time.

Heck I'm still fighting snot that my brother gave me during the holidays of 2015. He was wheezing so bad that he whistled in his sleep breathing then. Drs know I take immunos but won't give enough antibiotics to overcome them to work on me.

Tampa and Orlando in the early 2000s had great doctors, I could only guess what happened.

• Like 1

I'll wear a respirator when I step in a hospital where there are people from all over this globe that are sick. And I'll start when it gets here. Other than that.... maybe if I step in deer do in my old boots and wear them to the store people will keep their distance!:lol: 

Hadn't been chased in decades now anyhow!

We wont get a vaccine and whatever they do throw out there wont be here until well into 2021 they say. Hell we have been studying the Flu for decades and decades and they cant get an effective vaccine for the projected strain year after year.   This is going to fizzle out like the bird flu, SARS or the other variants they have over there or it will blow up and most of us will have survived it over the next 5 years or so.  Sometimes its good to live in a rural or low population community.

So far, 16,000 people have died and 280,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.

• Like 2