Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) I

JJkizak

3 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

There also was some information flopping around that some of the recovered victims had permanent damage of some organs.

JJK

I didn't read the article, but saw a headline saying that some that had been released from the hospital have tested positive a second time. if true, strange that their immune system would allow a repeat infection by the same virus.

The CDC stated yesterday a big threat from CV is the lack of a vaccine going forward. From the data I have seen searching today,  the common flu is way more of a threat and has killed 10  or 15 times as many this winter season versus CV so far to date. 

Is it just fake news? Perhaps there are alternative motives actually in play?

So I was rummaging through my tool cabinet and I find a new 2x pack of 3M N95 face masks. I guess a good thing as shelves are being picked clean of any and all types of masks, and the majority of those are ineffective as a deterrent to virus 🦠 —.

So that’s enough for me around the house and in the car - hope the wife finds some for herself  😳 — 

• Haha 2

One time, I was in a car behind the car my wife was driving. She's waiting to pull into traffic and I start honking the horn and waving my arms for her.  She gets out and runs to my car and asked what was wrong.  I said, "You would have already been on the road if I hadn't called you back, huh?"  

I've been divorced many years now. 

4 hours ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

A very good point but maybe, maybe not. 

I watched a BBC story last night and they showed people dead in the street, hospitals where dead bodies are in the waiting room all night while people are waiting, doctors having meltdowns, police dragging people away and in other areas police welding doors shut to keep people in their apartments, and a girl in a sky rise yelling that her mother is dying and she has no way out.

This is extremely serious and the stress has to be getting to people.  A few people start crying out at night and others will follow.  Society falls apart very quickly. 

Thank you for sharing this information! I didn't realize how  serious this is......

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

One time, I was in a car behind the car my wife was driving. She's waiting to pull into traffic and I start honking the horn and waving my arms for her.  She gets out and runs to my car and asked what was wrong.  I said, "You would have already been on the road if I hadn't called you back, huh?"  

I've been divorced many years now. 

I agree - poor driving habits are unforgivable - 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Are you serious?

I was just bringing it up for discussion. By the numbers seasonal flu virus has killed 10 or 15 times the number of people versus CV. Did you look at the CDC numbers I posted earlier, the link to their website, their data?

11 minutes ago, polizzio said:

By the numbers seasonal flu virus has killed 10 or 15 times the number of people versus CV.

that isn't surprising. people exposed to the flu aren't quarantined so the exposure is exponentially more. Look at how the stock market is reacting, imagine if we went through this every flu season. 

2 minutes ago, polizzio said:

@BigStewMan

To recap, by the numbers the CDC states 16,000 to 40,000 have died in the US alone this winter season from the flu.

By contrast 2900 have died in China from CV so far. China's pop is 4 times that of the USA.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

I don't think anyone is disputing those numbers. I'm confused on what your point is though.  

I think the reaction to CV has been what it is because of the newness of the virus. Once it is fully understood, I imagine the reaction/response will be different. 

Yes the flu is very deadly; but we're more comfortable with it because we understand it. I think we're still in the "just how bad is this thing" phase. 

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Elden, where you been? Vacant for days until today. We have missed your humor and positive vibes.

Was in Hope, painting a 99 year old building. 

I took the humor and positive vibes with me, but they weren't amused. :lol:

• Haha 1