Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) (SARS-CoV-2) I

JJkizak

9 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm confused on what your point is though.  

That by the CDC numbers or statistics, ordinary flu season kills easily 10 or 15 times what CV has. Why is there this massive fear or pandemonium over CV in the news?

3 minutes ago, dtel said:

Was in Hope, painting a 99 year old building. 

I took the humor and positive vibes with me, but they weren't amused. :lol:

How many were you, the paint or restoration gang? I'm guessing this was the Klipsch Museum building?

2 hours ago, polizzio said:

The CDC stated yesterday a big threat from CV is the lack of a vaccine going forward. From the data I have seen searching today,  the common flu is way more of a threat and has killed 10  or 15 times as many this winter season versus CV so far to date. 

Is it just fake news? Perhaps there are alternative motives actually in play?

This “threat” could provide legal grounds to throw any international trade agreements out the window.

Made In America would be the only option. Or trade with select nations only. 

So much for China’s bid to be the world’s leading currency.

A convenient economic warfare tactic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geoff. said:

This “threat” could provide legal grounds to throw any international trade agreements out the window.

Made In America would be the only option. Or trade with select nations only. 

So much for China’s bid to be the world’s leading currency.

A convenient economic warfare tactic. 

Finally a guy who thinks "outside the box". Who thinks of options, or potential global ramifications. I mean clearly by the statistical data, the common seasonal flu is far much more deadly than CV. Wish I could find accurate date on how many people in China die annually from the flu? It has to be pretty huge. 

1 hour ago, polizzio said:

I was just bringing it up for discussion. By the numbers seasonal flu virus has killed 10 or 15 times the number of people versus CV. Did you look at the CDC numbers I posted earlier, the link to their website, their data?

I am aware that the flu kills so many people every year.  I was asking if you are serious that you think that this might be a hoax or fake news because I am disturbed that that is a question that reasonable people are asking.  A lot of erosion has occurred. 

8 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Erosion of norms.  I do not mean this as an insult. 

Years ago nobody would have questioned this, now normal reasonable people are doing so.  This is not good. 

Didn't take it as an insult. Just did not understand what you were attempting to convey.

10 minutes ago, tigerwoodKhorns said:

Erosion of norms.  I do not mean this as an insult. 

Years ago nobody would have questioned this, now normal reasonable people are doing so.  This is not good. 

Have you noticed my friend, that we are fast running out of “normal reasonable” people — 

• Thanks 1

That by the CDC numbers or statistics, ordinary flu season kills easily 10 or 15 times what CV has. Why is there this massive fear or pandemonium over CV in the news?

okay, I see your point, thanks for the clarification. Personally, I don't know what good it does to compare this and the flu.  Had not the reaction been so extreme, don't you think the number of sick and/or dead would be exponentially higher?  Likewise, if people suspected with either having the flu or having been around someone with the flu or visited a region where cases of the flu had been reported, if all these people were quarantined, the number of flu deaths would probably be significantly less. 

The reaction to the flu is so much different than the CV, we can't use these numbers to conclude one is more deadly. If we did nothing as a response to both, then maybe we could see which one was more deadly. 

I think negligent may be a better word.

We are fast running out of people who are not negligent.

Negligence is doing something a reasonable person would not do, or not doing something a reasonable person would.

Any citizen that does not question or qualify, to some degree, the source, validity, and motive of ANY media article is negligent.

Propaganda is a powerful tool.

Having said that, if COVID-19 does turn out to be a red herring allowing the ban of all imports from China, where will I score my fentanyl from?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

How many were you, the paint or restoration gang? I'm guessing this was the Klipsch Museum building?

Yes the new building, this trip it was 3.5 people working because one "Jim" was assigned to do other things. But we did ok, all we could do anyway.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

The reaction to the flu is so much different than the CV, we can't use these numbers to conclude one is more deadly. If we did nothing as a response to both, then maybe we could see which one was more deadly. 

CV is just getting going.  It has a 2% fatality rate (Per China).  I think that the influenza pandemic in the early 1900s had a mortality rate of 1.7% and millions died.

A regular flue, 14,000 deaths per 26M cases. I am getting 0.0005%, significantly lower and hence not as much concern. 

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

• Thanks 2