Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?

Jeff Matthews

Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's your prediction as to growth/loss in the DJIA from today (27,081) through 8/24/2020? (names and votes are public)

• It will rise 10+%
    • It will rise between 5 and 10%
    • It will rise between 3 and 5%
    • It will rise between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 3 and 5%
    • It will fall between 5 and 10%
    • It will fall between 10 and 15%
    • It will fall between 15 and 25%
    • It will fall between 25 and 35%
    • It will fall 35+%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/27/20 at 03:08 AM

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

You predicted a correction that week which never happened.  You never predicted a market reaction to a virus.  I think this falls under "even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally" category. 

Maybe it was a correction looking for a cause.  

You can't really second-guess him and claim he's wrong.  Well, you could, but... he's the one laughing at the moment.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

You predicted a correction that week which never happened.  You never predicted a market reaction to a virus.  I think this falls under "even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally" category. 

Absolutely. TY Carl.

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You can't really second-guess him and claim he's wrong

That's like saying that due to your lack of oil changes I believe your motor will fail this week.  A semi truck hits you , breaks the block and totals the vehicle.  See?  I was right!!!

2 minutes ago, polizzio said:

Find any post of mine where I indicate I am a market bull as you state above. Any post of mine in the last month. Post a quote. Evidently you have now resorted to creating "facts" to support your earlier rants.

You were locked out of your own thread because you were giving unsound or questionable advice which could cause great harm to a less experienced investor. Mods determined your posts were perhaps a threat to an unsuspecting reader here.

There's no need to start getting nasty.  You all did that to him last time.  The locks come when you all get nasty.  

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

That's like saying that due to your lack of oil changes I believe your motor will fail this week.  A semi truck hits you , breaks the block and totals the vehicle.  See?  I was right!!!

There's always "some" reason stocks move.  "The Dow is up 400 today on news that Samsung is coming out with a 5G phone, etc."

The reason for the correction is irrelevant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

There's no need to start getting nasty.  You all did that to him last time.  The locks come when you all get nasty.  

this is not nasty, its simply the facts. I challenge anyone to find a post by myself where I indicated I was bullish on this market. Facts are facts. Where is his $66 a share AAPL prediction?

5 minutes ago, billybob said:

As with individual stock issue, the broader market will find a bottom, or a false bottom. There will be buying opportunities. The problem is trying to catch a falling knife.

If one is quick, having time to trade, as opposed to invest, one can take advantage of an up and down market we see at times. There in lies the problem with a falling market. Recognizing the bottom is abit of an art form no matter the T/A tools available.

Good fortune!

Right on !

How about some chain-mail type gloves to alleviate the normal deep wounds associated with catching falling knives?

....Whatever those "gloves" - tools &/or mechanisms may be.........for you.

All the best & good fortunes to all !

• Like 1

Just now, Jeff Matthews said:

I don't fear it, really.  However, this thread is a fun poll where people can make their 6-month predictions, and we can all look back at it from time to time.  I'd hate to see it die in the dustbin of locked threads.

Oh...I forgot, this is your thread.  Nice that you are taking the zen traveler perspective.

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

1930s---Hoovervilles

2020s---?villes...

In "Who"-ville, even the mean 'ol scrooge was able to grow a heart.

:D

Not concerned with "-villes", that will all sort itself out in time.

Cough, cough (I've had one for the past 5 days = simple Mid-west sinus congestion head cold)

Its NOT Ebola, and pent up demand with this downturn will re-enter the market at a later date. 

Just now, CECAA850 said:

The market peaking and due for a natural correction is different than a panic pulling of stocks due to a virus.  At least to me it is.

Sure, we can see it differently.  I think the market was/is due for a substantial correction; it's just we had no bad news to precipitate the fall.  Then, a fear of pandemic comes along, and guess what?

1 minute ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Polizzio, you haven't figured it out yet !!  I said " at the bottom" there is a gap to fill 62-66 bucks. 

No one knows where / when this bottom will be.  It will not be on the fourth day down.

I am looking for $20 to $50 on MSFT too !!  

We dropped 84% in 1929.  2020 was 50% more extended than 1929, my posts from Jill Mislinsky CLEARLY show this.   But you were all greedy, rather than being fearful.  Whats to say the market drops 90% in value this time ?  We are ALL set up for it !!  

I'd like you to explain that "Gap" analysis you posted above.  I don't understand the concepts being presented in that picture.

Just now, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Polizzio, you haven't figured it out yet !!  I said " at the bottom" there is a gap to fill 62-66 bucks. 

No one knows where / when this bottom will be.  It will not be on the fourth day down.

So in your infinite wisdom and being a self professed pro trader, should any investor 100% short his entire portfolio?

Is this what you advocate I do right now? My best move?

• dtel locked and unlocked this topic