Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?

Jeff Matthews

Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's your prediction as to growth/loss in the DJIA from today (27,081) through 8/24/2020? (names and votes are public)

• It will rise 10+%
    • It will rise between 5 and 10%
    • It will rise between 3 and 5%
    • It will rise between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 3 and 5%
    • It will fall between 5 and 10%
    • It will fall between 10 and 15%
    • It will fall between 15 and 25%
    • It will fall between 25 and 35%
    • It will fall 35+%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/27/20 at 03:08 AM

14 minutes ago, Emile said:

:( yes; missed it. Dow up 5% and AAPL over 9% :(  Anyone has any predictions for tomorrow? :D 

Market timing - can’t, ain’t never been done —. Those that promise they can are either liars or write market newsletters. Everyone thinking on Friday - ok, more cases of Corona still escalating, market will be down Big on Monday, Tuesday, I’ll wait for another negative 3-4%. Guessed wrong, shouda bought Friday. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Dave A said:

It will go up and down predicated on fake news generated hysteria so the answer is both.

I would generally agree but from what I’ve gathered most to all trading is done by computer algorithms. While highly advanced I’m not sure they can read and/or differentiate the news, real or fake —

21 minutes ago, richieb said:

I would generally agree but from what I’ve gathered most to all trading is done by computer algorithms. While highly advanced I’m not sure they can read and/or differentiate the news, real or fake —

OK but what starts the cascade is human and then automated panic takes over.

55 minutes ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

I was reading on Buffett about a week ago or so.  It seems he has sat on the sidelines for many years now and apparently underperformed the markets to a significant degree.  So....

1 minute ago, Jeff Matthews said:

I was reading on Buffett about a week ago or so.  It seems he has sat on the sidelines for many years now and apparently underperformed the markets to a significant degree.  So....

Remember when back in the dark ages many years ago, say the mid 90's when stocks were a wise buy only because they had good dividends? Remember this historical norm said capital gains was the icing on the cake and dividends were what you planned your retirement around?

Yes there has been a ton of money made riding capital gains and the money is not fictional but the premise that capital gains is the only and best and new normal way to make money is seriously flawed in so many ways. It is what sent jobs overseas as MBA's figured out new ways to run stock shares up. Funny how dividends disappeared during this same time. I thought the market was grossly over priced at 18,000 and it is so far out in fantasy land now it is ludicrous. All this new found wealth that goes into banks and funds and is created from thin air and not as a reflection of real income earned by better and more production and rewarding  stock holders from profits from production does not exist. So we have this giant ponzi scheme where Google is worth how much and pays what dividends. How about Apple, Microsoft, GM, Ford or any other company out there. It is a world wide crap shoot by well heeled money manipulators most of whom will escape when it gets bad. However the regular Joe who has been suckered into all this and has all his wealth tied up in there for retirement will one day see it all go away. Something that does not earn money in ways other than fraud can't and wont survive to long and the fall will be terrible to see. I figure it will be super high inflation first as all these ecommerce minted dollars are not controlled by the Fed or governments but do come into the market with no backing in the form of goods produced or taxes raised to back new printed currency from the USA and the end result, as it always is when too many dollars chase a finite amount of real goods, is inflation. Tell me this is not happening right now when you go shopping. Everything I use in my company is going through the roof and endmills that were $55 last year are $78 now.

Enjoy it while you can and be ready for when this monumental fraud fails.

Buffet can wait a few years for the collapse and with that kind of cash in hand what will he buy for fire sale prices? Either he has lost his touch or he see's what is coming down the pike but just can't predict the exact moment. I think he see's what is coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Something that does not earn money in ways other than fraud can't and wont survive to long and the fall will be terrible to see.

I used to believe that, but over a few years of thinking about it, I came to realize that the stock markets are here to stay.  The players will come and go, but the game remains the same.  It has whatever value the players say it has.  You don't need a rationale.  The only thing you need is agreement.  This concept of "agreed" value can be frustrating to accept, but heck, look at gold.  Who'd pay $1,000's for a miniscule chunk of metal?  But they do, and they will... until they won't.  Maybe diamonds will go out of style one day.  Anybody want to play?

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

Everything I use in my company is going through the roof and endmills that were $55 last year are $78 now.

Raise your prices.

• dtel locked and unlocked this topic