Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?

Jeff Matthews

Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's your prediction as to growth/loss in the DJIA from today (27,081) through 8/24/2020? (names and votes are public)

• It will rise 10+%
    • It will rise between 5 and 10%
    • It will rise between 3 and 5%
    • It will rise between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 3 and 5%
    • It will fall between 5 and 10%
    • It will fall between 10 and 15%
    • It will fall between 15 and 25%
    • It will fall between 25 and 35%
    • It will fall 35+%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/27/20 at 03:08 AM

Just now, Emile said:

Yeah ... TVIX is more like Las Vegas :D  Bought a very little block of it :) and will cash out tomorrow when the market goes down again :) 

Take a good look at what your strategy is and focus in my opinion. You may deveop a strategy or even a pattern emerging in your trades.Money is money no matter the return. Expect to lose some. Low risk with small amounts may work for you...Caveat Emptor...watch closely, move quickly...not an advisor... Lose/use only fungibles...good fortune 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

What do you mean by handling washes with IRS?   What are you meaning by " washes "??  Can you offer us an example. 

I am not sure what you mean, and likely, so may others, hence no response.  Help us understand what you are asking please.  Thank you.

Jeff

If you sell a stock  (loss)  then purchase it back within a 30 day period  the stock is a "Wash" and you cannot deduct the loss on the capital gains. I might have this backwards but it was to prevent hundreds of trades in a short time. This was for common people and not institutions. Google has a nice answer.

JJK

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

Only a single suggestion  ........don't be greedy

Haha ... no; was just for fun. Got some TVIX 10 minutes before the market closed yesterday and sold it this morning at 9:31 am :D  So; made 15% in 15 minutes :)  May have to try this again with a bit more money (yeah ... a bit greedier next time) :D 

• Like 1

OK Jeffrey, let’s get real. You’ve been a professional trader having worked the KC Board of Trade. You’re a head above most, several heads above most others. You and a select few may be able to chase/time the market but the overwhelmingly majority cannot and will lose their respective asses in doing so. If you can’t admit the general public shouldn’t chase the market through its ups and downs then you shouldn’t be on here proliferating your past experience as a professional trader. 

28 minutes ago, richieb said:

OK Jeffrey, let’s get real.

Think  @Jeffrey D. Medwin  has been for real.  Yes, his longer term outlook may be frowned upon by most of us (AAPL at $50, etc.), but his postings at least have been very informative - and entertaining.  And ... as per his post above, he even advised "us" not to buy TVIX ... haha; bought a small amount anyhow against his advise and made a little bit of $$.

As far as "a head above most, several heads above most others" is purely "your opinion." If you are offended, then do NOT follow this thread. FYI, there are many technical threads on this forum that are "above my head" ... I do not bother to read them.

16 minutes ago, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

My only other current suggestion, to the 99% who did not follow me, is to sell INTO a brief ( expected ) RALLY and go 95 % into cash. 

How high will the DJIA be when we should do that?  Do you have a number in mind, or is it more or less just a feeling that comes over you when the time is right?

And, just a warning to "all."  TVIX is a highly volatile investment. It is pegged at about 2x the "regular" VIX rate. It easily swings +/- 50% daily. If you cannot afford to "lose" money, stay away :D  And ...as a "long-term" investment it is (almost) guaranteed to go to ZERO. 

• Like 1

• dtel locked and unlocked this topic