Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?

Jeff Matthews

Where are the stock markets headed over the next 6 months?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's your prediction as to growth/loss in the DJIA from today (27,081) through 8/24/2020? (names and votes are public)

• It will rise 10+%
    • It will rise between 5 and 10%
    • It will rise between 3 and 5%
    • It will rise between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 0 and 3%
    • It will fall between 3 and 5%
    • It will fall between 5 and 10%
    • It will fall between 10 and 15%
    • It will fall between 15 and 25%
    • It will fall between 25 and 35%
    • It will fall 35+%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/27/20 at 03:08 AM

Personally, I think the moderators should check out the "newbie" as a possible you know who. It's not all that difficult to get yourself signed up again with a new name and IP address.

1 minute ago, artto said:

Personally, I think the moderators should check out the "newbie" as a possible you know who. It's not all that difficult to get yourself signed up again with a new name and IP address.

Personally, I base my reasoning on date of account openings and other information provided in the profiles.  I completely agree with you regarding the markets and charts.  I am perhaps a lot more hesitant about insinuations about those who are not even allowed to post in this thread to defend themselves.  Who knows what is going on at this point?  Maybe both are now not allowed to post in this thread.  Fast996 is not a newbie in the sense of a 2011 start date.  He does however not have a lot of posts in that time frame, but that means relatively little.

• Like 2

I guess what I find most disturbing is that after I posted something that's somewhat confidential - published paid subscription - but extremely relevant and informative, and what the response? More bogus comments about how the Fed has been manipulating the interest rates since 1987** and his 300 year chart of the DOW, and lots more charts that tell us nothing about the future, but yet OP insists that "something (bad) is going to happen".

Yes, something is certainly going to happen. Unfortunately it's never what you want to happen, and certainly not what you think will happen, or when.

** Only since 1987? Seems to me that's the whole point of having a Central Bank - to manipulate interest rates, control the money supply. All Central Banks do this. That's the whole point.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Personally, I base my reasoning on date of account openings and other information provided in the profiles.  I completely agree with you regarding the markets and charts.  I am perhaps a lot more hesitant about insinuations about those who are not even allowed to post in this thread to defend themselves.  Who knows what is going on at this point?  Maybe both are now not allowed to post in this thread.  Fast996 is not a newbie in the sense of a 2011 start date.  He does however not have a lot of posts in that time frame, but that means relatively little.

Well as a long time audio and music lover I always wanted Klipschorns but just recently popped up in my area. As far as the Stock market I have studied them since high school. I can generated a large amount of trades especially when the trend is fast and large such as the Covid top and bottom. Most on here are not old enough to remember the last real bear market in the U.S. when the Dow bottomed at 574....I can.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, Fast996 said:

Well as a long time audio and music lover I always wanted Klipschorns but just recently popped up in my area. As far as the Stock market I have studied them since high school. I can generated a large amount of trades especially when the trend is fast and large such as the Covid top and bottom. Most on here are not old enough to remember the last real bear market in the U.S. when the Dow bottomed at 574....I can.

Glad to have you. However, you are going to need to reign in your political commentary and conspiracy stuff (and any charts that contain them) if you want to continue to post in this thread. Warned you a couple of times, so far you have ignored the reminders and edits, that's at an end.

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Glad to have you. However, you are going to need to reign in your political commentary and conspiracy stuff (and any charts that contain them) if you want to continue to post in this thread. Warned you a couple of times, so far you have ignored the reminders and edits, that's at an end.

Yes Sir.....I will no longer post in this thread. Thank you

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, artto said:

I guess what I find most disturbing is that after I posted something that's somewhat confidential - published paid subscription - but extremely relevant and informative, and what the response? More bogus comments about how the Fed has been manipulating the interest rates since 1987** and his 300 year chart of the DOW, and lots more charts that tell us nothing about the future, but yet OP insists that "something (bad) is going to happen".

Yes, something is certainly going to happen. Unfortunately it's never what you want to happen, and certainly not what you think will happen, or when.

** Only since 1987? Seems to me that's the whole point of having a Central Bank - to manipulate interest rates, control the money supply. All Central Banks do this. That's the whole point.

You are totally ignorant and can't even read my comments on my chart correctly. I made a exception here and posted....but I'm done with you.

On 8/10/2021 at 12:55 PM, Bubo said:

Digital Money combined with National Health

"Sorry Dave,

you can't buy any coke or cookies, you are on a restricted diet.

Your BioMass index indicates you need to lose 20 lbs.

Is there something else you would like to purchase ?"

FWIW:

image.png.de8f3b7df7984839e8fd527c944dac7f.png

• Like 1

What problem?

FYI, the way your quote comes in, clicking on the link does not bring up the link.  Thanks Chad?

Disregarding that, if someone has a perfect credit score, which means they have a lot of credit yet pay it off every month avoiding interest, how does browsing history somehow bring that history of credit management come into question?

Ostensibly, you have read the links, and can enlighten us, because, thanks Chad, the rest of us can't.