EPIC CF3's in Washington state, On Ebay.

Shiva

57 minutes ago, Zack R said:

just won the auction for $610. These will be my first Klipsch speakers

Hi Zack ... GREAT buy! :D  And ... think the CF-3's are one of the best speakers Klipsch ever made. Use mine in a small dedicated stereo room and they are just awesome ... like them better than Cornwalls and "close" to some of my Pro speakers. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I spoke with the seller and he sounds like a legit Klipsch guy. He also has a pair of vertical Cornwall decorators and KLF 30's. He even offered to drive them 60 miles south of the Seattle for me to pick up (my round trip will be closer to 550 miles) which is a huge plus, the traffic up there is a mess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zack R said:

I just won the auction for $610. These will be my first Klipsch speakers. Super stoked! 

It's about a 7 hour drive (each way) for me to pick them up, currently sorting out the logistics with the seller.

I've heard the Epic CF-3 / CF-4 being favorably compared to the Klipschorn line.  One heck of a nice "starter" set of Big K's.  I've got to say that I absolutely love my CF-3's!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oicu812 said:

I've heard the Epic CF-3 / CF-4 being favorably compared to the Klipschorn line.  One heck of a nice "starter" set of Big K's.  I've got to say that I absolutely love my CF-3's!

That's great to hear - I've been messing around with AVR's and home theater in a box quality Yamaha speakers, etc.... for far too long. I've been doing a lot of reading on here and elsewhere and figured it's time to jump into a solid 2 channel system with both feet.

I have a fairly large living room area with tall ceilings (~20') and need something to fill the space. 

image.thumb.png.5568a7e486906221e1758d8091804c6e.png

• Like 3

Congrat's and well bought!    As a relatively new CF3 owner - I feel comfortable saying you won't be disappointed , these are a whole lotta speakers (especially for the money).  Be sure to eat your Wheaties before heading out as these bad boys are HEAVY!!! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Zack R said:

I just won the auction for $610. These will be my first Klipsch speakers. Super stoked! 

Congrats Zach!  :emotion-19:

I don't know if you know the versions but Klipsch only made the Epic line for three years, 1994-5-6.  The first year 1994 we call v1 and they are the Holy Grail of the Epic line.  That's what you have.

Welcome to the club.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Zack R said:

That's great to hear - I've been messing around with AVR's and home theater in a box quality Yamaha speakers, etc.... for far too long. I've been doing a lot of reading on here and elsewhere and figured it's time to jump into a solid 2 channel system with both feet.

I have a fairly large living room area with tall ceilings (~20') and need something to fill the space. 

image.thumb.png.5568a7e486906221e1758d8091804c6e.png

My living room has a vaulted ceiling very similar to yours, and the Epics fill that space without even trying hard.  They do like power, so you should drive them with an amp that gives you plenty of headroom (on top of your own maximum listening volume).

• Like 1

On 2/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, Oicu812 said:

My living room has a vaulted ceiling very similar to yours, and the Epics fill that space without even trying hard.  They do like power, so you should drive them with an amp that gives you plenty of headroom (on top of your own maximum listening volume).

I plan to pick up the speakers at the end of this week and I'm already shopping for a new amplifier. What are your thoughts on the Yamaha AS801? Most of my source material will be digital streaming, however vinyl plays a big picture as well. My listening room is large but I'm not planning to listen to things very loud very often (except sometimes when I'm the only one home).

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zack R said:

I'm already shopping for a new amplifier

Zack,

Currently using a 220wpc Kenwood Basic M2 (and C2 preamp) and really like it :D  Also used a Marantz 2252B and a (tube) ST-60.  Both were decent, but the extra power from the Kenwood sure helps.

"Think" the Yamaha AS801 will perform very nice with it - even though it is "only" 100wpc.  Using a (cheaper) Yamaha on my rear Cornwall's and the sound is exquisite :) 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 1:17 PM, Zack R said:

I plan to pick up the speakers at the end of this week and I'm already shopping for a new amplifier. What are your thoughts on the Yamaha AS801? Most of my source material will be digital streaming, however vinyl plays a big picture as well. My listening room is large but I'm not planning to listen to things very loud very often (except sometimes when I'm the only one home).

I think that amp will make you very happy with the Epics.  True 100wpc RMS will sound fantastic in your setup.  Congratulations.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've really been enjoying these........ I used to avoid listening to live music recordings since they didn't sound as good, now I specifically seek them out. The Optonica SA-5405 (1980 vintage, I think 65w/channel) has been powering them quite well but I'm still trying to figure out what Amp/DAC/streamer setup I want to eventually go with. 

While listening to music at a elevated level a few weeks back I had the hair stand up on my neck moment for the first time (in a home environment). I think i finally understand what I've been missing all of these years. Crystal clear sound, hearing the cymbals and guitar like its live in my living room! 

image.thumb.png.3241b49264cc1f7ca8db93737c4aed26.png

• Like 4

On 3/31/2020 at 1:43 PM, Zack R said:

I've really been enjoying these........ I used to avoid listening to live music recordings since they didn't sound as good, now I specifically seek them out. The Optonica SA-5405 (1980 vintage, I think 65w/channel) has been powering them quite well but I'm still trying to figure out what Amp/DAC/streamer setup I want to eventually go with. 

While listening to music at a elevated level a few weeks back I had the hair stand up on my neck moment for the first time (in a home environment). I think i finally understand what I've been missing all of these years. Crystal clear sound, hearing the cymbals and guitar like its live in my living room! 

image.thumb.png.3241b49264cc1f7ca8db93737c4aed26.png

Neil Peart's drum solos will definitely make the hair stand up through these.  *<;o)

• Like 2